Environmental Scientist position

Eliza Moore

May 8, 2024, 8:53:45 AMMay 8
to New England Marine Science Opportunities

The Narragansett Bay Commission is hiring for our Providence, RI location at Field’s Point! We are looking to fill an Environmental Scientist III role – this is a slight evolution from our Environmental Scientist positions of years passed, as we have now developed a three-tiered path for our Environmental Scientists. This is the most advanced role of the three, so we are seeking a candidate with some experience, master's degree preferred. The pay scale for this position is $65,867 - $108,680. Please see the posting (attached and at link) for full details. https://narrabay.applytojob.com/apply/jobs/?&

The NBC owns and operates the two largest wastewater treatment facilities in Rhode Island. In addition to the water quality monitoring at the wastewater facilities we have an extensive receiving waters monitoring program in the Providence and Seekonk River estuaries and several freshwater tributary rivers. Our website provides more details about this work: https://snapshot.narrabay.com/app/

Note that the current opening is for an office-based position, mainly doing data analysis work and reporting, with very limited field work.

NBC is a great place to work, boasting a 35-hour work week, a pension, and excellent benefits. Our Environmental Science teams plays a critical role in keeping Narragansett Bay clean and healthy, through accurate and careful data management and reporting with integrity. Working in wastewater also carries some job security – as long as people are flushing toilets, we’ll be in business! 😊

Please share this posting with your networks, we are looking forward to completing our team.

-Eliza Moore

2024_05_08_Environmental Scientist III.docx