mailing list action required

Lloyd Gregory

Feb 6, 2018, 5:29:03 AM2/6/18
to NE4GA Club
Hello everyone on the NE4GA mailing list as you may have heard discussed at club meetings we are moving the club email list to the groups.io site. This should be an easy process and you have the freedom to create unique account credentials or use your facebook or Google log-in, this is very safe and does not give anyone access to those accounts it just uses a service provided by facebook or google to authenticate you. I would recommend 2 factor authentication with services like facebook and google to be safe overall on the internet.

The link below should take you to page where you can join the list, if you have any problems I can send you a personalized invite by email if you send me your email address.

 Groups.io looks very feature rich and may seem a little overwhelming with all the settings available however the defaults may work for most folks.

One of the new features we will be using is hash tags like twitter. This will make it easier to locate emails we are looking for
You will see things like #fieldday or #ft2800 created by the person sending the email which can then be searched at the groups.io club site.

To continue receiving club emails you will have to join the new list as the google group will be decommissioned in the future.
If you have already created your new account at groups.io there is nothing you need to do at this time.

email me with any questions or concerns.

Lloy Gregory
W4LCG