feedback needed

Lloyd Gregory

Jan 26, 2018, 9:25:49 AM1/26/18
to NE4GA Club
Hello club,

If I may I would like to get your feedback on what repeater you have been using since the club repeaters have been down. It would be helpful to document how these area repeaters perform in our area in case of future outages. As much information as possible like how many QSO's a week ect would be helpful also.

As the club works to get a repeater back on the air we would like to hear your thoughts and opinions about the repeater capabilities you would like to see implemented. How about HamMesh, APRS, Winlink nodes? Dstar, Fusion and DMR are all popular digital modes, do you think any one of these modes would benefit the club moving forward.  A lack of response will be interpreted as a lack of interest in repeaters.

I have been listening to the ideas that I have already received on other subjects and have a master list to reference and draw from. I do plan on moving forward with several things like improving the clubs status as a 501c3 nonprofit to help grow the club in ways that are not currently possible. If anyone knows the clubs EIN number please send that to me.

This feedback will help a lot and I welcome public, private or anonymous responses, just please respond by Sunday if possable because this could help shape the future of the club.

73,
Lloyd Gregory
Club President(2018)
W4LCG

W4SML Sean

Jan 27, 2018, 2:20:06 PM1/27/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning everyone.

I have been using WiresX and DMR via an OpenSpot for several months now. The week of February 9th, I have a company coming out with a 105’ crane to erect my 90” foot tower. At that point I will be bringing my UHF pair online with access to WiresX. It has been coordinated to use a frequency of 441.975 TX + .6 with a tone of 241.8. I have about 120 feet of 7/8 hardline and will be using a 100 watt amp. The antenna is a DB420a. We should be 123 feet at the tip top after the antenna and the hazer is run up.

As far as other repeaters, I have mainly been using a local privately owned GMRS repeater on 462.600 + 5.0 MHZ with a tone of 241.8. I am currently hosting the club UHF pair until I erect the tower. At that time, I will migrate to my pair. If need be, I am willing to hold off and am willing to host the club’s VHF repeater if we make little to no forward progress with the proposed future locations for the club VHF pair. I do have a couple of commercial grade VHF repeater antennas. I can easily swap out the UHF for the VHF if the club is open to the idea. My location is around 8 miles from the old location and not far from the Portegello fire station in Madison County.

I will be utilizing my personal internet to allow for either repeater to have access to the WiresX network and possibly EchoLink and or AllStar remote connections. I will also be adding APRS to the tower to run 24-7. I need to work with Lloyd on the best way to set that up. It will also be connected to the internet.

As far as what I would like to see for future repeater possibilities, I would like to see the club offer both UHF and VHF pairs with digital capabilities. The most economic possibility right now is WiresX. I own a Yaesu repeater identical to the club’s new repeater.

D-Star and DMR are also on my personal bucket list, but they are expensive and with the current financial situation, seem to be out of reach for the immediate future. I hope this helps.

I am not using any other repeaters at this time.

Sincerely,

Sean Laker

bobhe...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2018, 4:06:45 PM1/28/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com

I have been using the TriCounty Club repeater primarily. Also have used the Baldwin repeater on occasion.

Still no response from the tower company that took our repeater down. Will call tomorrow and see why there has been no response to my emails

Frank N4KP

Jan 29, 2018, 4:52:57 PM1/29/18
to ne4ga : North East Georgia ARC
I have been using the  TCARC and Athens repeaters.  I can also hit the Baldwin and Gainesville machines