Re: repeater

James Ashworth

Feb 4, 2018, 11:24:42 PM2/4/18
to NE GA Radio Club
     Are you seriously considering rewarding the company that unjustly destroyed our repeater to the tune of $650 a month. I'd rather not have a repeater.

On Sunday, February 4, 2018, 5:53:01 AM EST, Lloyd Gregory <w4lcg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,
In my research I have come across a few things I thought were interesting .
Hospitals are required to have some kind of back up emergency communications system in place and most use ham radio, some of which was paid for by tax payers.
Would it not be reasonable to solicit donations from these entities as they are directly benefiting without contributing? I count about 10 hospitals in region E if each donated about $65 a month we could be back on stark rd. tower I would think Athens Regional alone could absorb the  cost  by themselves their CEO makes in excess of 1 million dollars a year so they must have a huge budget.  Has the club ever received any support from any of these hospitals? To me this seems like a reasonable request. they probably have to use some type of expensive commercial solution if they don't use ham radio. does ARES receive any money from these hospitals,hospital associations or tax payers? I cant find any information about ARES financials do you have any links to that information? The club is the smallest player in this scenario yet soldering the most responsibility over the years
I apologize for not researching this topic more thoroughly before the meeting last week. I am not trying to make your work more difficult but I think I have raised some legitimate issues

Lloyd