FW: Potential Strong To Severe Storms Late This Afternoon Through Tonight

Bob Herrin

Mar 1, 2016, 4:57:43 PM3/1/16
to jackso...@yahoo.com, Bank...@yahoogroups.com, NE GA Radio Club, Tricounty ARC

FYI

From: daju...@gmail.com [mailto:daju...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Judge Adams
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:08 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Potential Strong To Severe Storms Late This Afternoon Through Tonight

Gentlemen,

Please distribute to your members,

Thanks,

Jerry W4PX

From: Jason Deese - NOAA
Date: Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:50 AM

Good Morning,

Well we had almost a full week off between storm systems so everyone should be raring to go right? Yeah me neither. But it is here nonetheless and it does appear some of the parameters we look for in strong to severe storms have increased in the last 6 to 12 hours. So without further adieu....

Overview: A strong storm system will move out of the plains and into the Tennessee valley late today allowing for a cold front to push into the region this evening through tonight. Ahead of this feature will be a squall line featuring showers with scattered embedded thunderstorms.  Some storms could be strong to severe...especially over portions of NW Georgia.

Forecast radar imagery showing line moving through North GA at 4 pm and the metro around 7 pm.

WHAT:  Scattered strong and isolated severe thunderstorms including damaging winds and the threat of an isolated tornado.

WHERE: Greatest risk is for all of North GA but strong storms possible even into Central GA tonight.

WHEN: Late this afternoon through the first half of the overnight period.

IMPACT(s):  Scattered strong and isolated severe storms will down trees and powerlines.

CONFIDENCE

High confidence on seeing scattered strong storms.

Medium confidence on severe storms

Low confidence on the development of tornadoes.

Updates: No scheduled updates to this email are anticipated unless expected conditions change… you can get additional information on our website at: weather.gov/atl

Please continue to monitor this weather system closely and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jason

--

Jerry Adams, W4PX