Re: Torrential downpours causing flooding, power outages across area; State of Emergency declared in NJ

Charlie Nuken

Jul 17, 2023, 5:53:33 AM7/17/23
pothead <pothe...@gmail.com> wrote in
news:t1ss5p$38eii$1...@news.freedyn.de:

> It's Biden's fault. Whenever he gives Kamala something to do and she
> opens her mouth, the temperature goes up and pollution increases.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Torrential downpours led to flash flooding, power
outages and extensive delays at Tri-State Area airports on Sunday.

The delays from the drenching thunderstorms have been affecting arrivals
and departures. There were a few cancellations, too, like the flight Joyia
and her son Myles were supposed to be on Sunday night.

The storms are being blamed for rough road travel, too. In Watchung, New
Jersey, the weather is being investigated as a factor in a crash that sent
a car out of control off I78, leaving one person in critical condition.

On Long Island, the rain overwhelmed storm drains on many roads. Five
inches of rain fell in Islip, where a police officer was hurt while
directing traffic around flooding when a rental van hit his cruiser.

Parts of Westchester and Putnam County also got a lot of rain, flooding
highways like the Taconic. Several trees came crashing down in Hawthorne
on the property of a home that is on the market.

In New Jersey, Warren County got the worst of the power outages from
storms both Saturday and Sunday. The unsafe conditions are making getting
the power back on challenging.

Governor Murphy has declared a State of Emergency, saying rainfall as
intense as what we have been seeing can cause expensive damage to
infrastructure in the form of landslides and road damage.

Governor Hochul today said Sunday those parts of New York trying to dry
out from several inches of rain cannot take any more.

Near Philadelphia, severe storms and flooding Saturday left four people
dead and four others missing. Storms continue on Sunday, with a tornado
warning issued for Philadelphia and Montgomery County.

The latest round of storms come as several communities in Orange and
Rockland counties are still cleaning up from flooding that happened nearly
a week ago.

https://abc7ny.com/new-york-flooding-damage-nyc/13511630/