Aaurgh! I want rain

Ann

Jul 29, 2005, 5:05:30 AM7/29/05
Why, why, why do the storms always miss my area? It seems as though
from Boston south to around Marshfield/Duxbury the storms peter out.
Right now on the radar they're up north of me and down south of me
(I'm in Hanson) and a bit of rain headed my way....but it won't even
wet beneath the trees, I'm sure. Whyone know why this happens? We
haven't had worthwhile rain in weeks now :o(
--
Ann, snowlover, south of Boston, Mass.
e-mail address is not checked

--
This article was auto-posted by the ne.weather.moderated Weatherbot
program. The author is solely responsible for its content.

ne.weather.moderated FAQ/Charter: http://www.panix.com/~newm/faq.txt
ne.weather.moderated moderators e-mail: ne...@panix.com
(Please put "wx" or "weather" in the subject line to avoid the spam block.)

Ann

Aug 13, 2005, 2:41:26 PM8/13/05
Ann <ann...@newsguy.com> expounded:

>Why, why, why do the storms always miss my area? It seems as though
>from Boston south to around Marshfield/Duxbury the storms peter out.
>Right now on the radar they're up north of me and down south of me
>(I'm in Hanson) and a bit of rain headed my way....but it won't even
>wet beneath the trees, I'm sure. Whyone know why this happens? We
>haven't had worthwhile rain in weeks now :o(
>--
>Ann, snowlover, south of Boston, Mass.
>e-mail address is not checked
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just thought I'd see if I could get any insight now that people are
posting here again.....

Stephen Stein

Aug 13, 2005, 2:51:27 PM8/13/05
Ann wrote:
>Why, why, why do the storms always miss my area? It seems as though
>from Boston south to around Marshfield/Duxbury the storms peter out.

I dunno. Here in Acton, we seem to often be in a dry slot, both for
nor'easters coming up the coast and t-storms coming from the west.

Google for "gravity waves". Then post again here if you understand it.
I sure don't, but that's the answer I often get when I post something
similar to yours.

It seems that a lot of the tstorms coming across Mass seem to go down
the pike, and the area 20 mi north and 20 mi south don't seem to get much.

- Steve Stein

Perry

Aug 13, 2005, 5:02:49 PM8/13/05
Even here near the pike, we've got a whole lot of nothing when it comes to
rain. Just that one torrential rain last week, that was gone as soon as it
started, and came down so hard that it all ran off instead of sinking in.

It must be gravity waves. :)

-Perry-

"Stephen Stein" <szs.forw...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> It seems that a lot of the tstorms coming across Mass seem to go down
> the pike, and the area 20 mi north and 20 mi south don't seem to get much.

Ann

Aug 14, 2005, 3:16:36 PM8/14/05
"Perry" <perry_...@hotmail.com> expounded:

>Even here near the pike, we've got a whole lot of nothing when it comes to
>rain. Just that one torrential rain last week, that was gone as soon as it
>started, and came down so hard that it all ran off instead of sinking in.

It's doing it *right now*!!! If you look at the radar you'll see.
I'm in Hanson, on the WeatherUnderground the radar shows the damned
storms dying down here by me, it's roaring to beat the band just to my
very north, In Rockland! Dammit! <G>

Hopefully some of the storms just west will make it.

--
Ann, snowlover, south of Boston, Mass.
e-mail address is not checked
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perry

Aug 14, 2005, 4:42:11 PM8/14/05
And we've broken the pattern here in Framingham... we're in between two
cells-- one north and one south, and it's very bright out, almost sunny with
glints of sun and shadows, and yet pouring rain, although not so hard that
it just runs off. I can just see my gardens smiling.

Sorry, Ann!

"Ann" <ann...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

Stephen Stein

Aug 14, 2005, 4:50:16 PM8/14/05
Ann wrote:
> "Perry" <perry_...@hotmail.com> expounded:
>

>>Even here near the pike, we've got a whole lot of nothing when it comes to
>>rain. Just that one torrential rain last week, that was gone as soon as it
>>started, and came down so hard that it all ran off instead of sinking in.
>

> It's doing it *right now*!!!

Yeah, I was watching the radar and thinking of you.

Here in Acton we got about 20 minutes of a pretty strong thunderstorm -
lots of rain and lightning, not much wind. The temp dropped from 88 to
72 in half an hour.

Did you see a temp drop without the storms?

- Steve Stein

Perry

Aug 14, 2005, 5:23:58 PM8/14/05
Yes, we did see a temp drop, too, Steve. It's now 74. We, too, only got
about 15 minutes of rain, but we didn't have the lightning or wind. We were
still in a slot between the cell that went through Hudson (and caused some
damage) and the cell south of the pike. But my gardens still appreciated
what it got.

-Perry-

"Stephen Stein" <szs.forw...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Ann

Aug 14, 2005, 8:58:51 PM8/14/05
Stephen Stein <szs.forw...@comcast.net> expounded:

>Yeah, I was watching the radar and thinking of you.
>
>Here in Acton we got about 20 minutes of a pretty strong thunderstorm -
>lots of rain and lightning, not much wind. The temp dropped from 88 to
>72 in half an hour.
>
>Did you see a temp drop without the storms?

Well, actually, shortly after I posted that, the southernmost part of
those storms did nail us, we got 3" very quickly - so you know most of
it ran off. But it did rain! <G> About time. It looks like there's
a few more going to hit tonight. A gardener wants regular rain,
though, not two months of drought and then a deluge!

--
Ann, snowlover, south of Boston, Mass.
e-mail address is not checked
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stephen Stein

Aug 14, 2005, 9:23:01 PM8/14/05
Ann wrote:
> A gardener wants regular rain,
> though, not two months of drought and then a deluge!

Well, what can I tell ya, this summer's not been for you. Not just you,
but all over eastern Mass, there just hasn't been a lot of rain since
what, the beginning of June?

My grass is brown, my spring plantings need extra watering. I don't
think this is unusual for Mass. The last couple of summers, as I
recall, were unusually wet. Not this year, though.

- Steve Stein

Ed

Sep 16, 2005, 8:55:44 PM9/16/05
Ann <ann...@newsguy.com> wrote in news:i9sje192jeq71463l87lrevfp3emri822t@
4ax.com:

> Why, why, why do the storms always miss my area? It seems as though
> from Boston south to around Marshfield/Duxbury the storms peter out.
> Right now on the radar they're up north of me and down south of me
> (I'm in Hanson) and a bit of rain headed my way....but it won't even
> wet beneath the trees, I'm sure. Whyone know why this happens? We
> haven't had worthwhile rain in weeks now :o(

Interesting to catch up on this post two months later and realize that
there's hardly been any rain since your July plea. Fortunately we are
getting the tropical rains for the past couple of days, and for some
Ophelia will add more to the rain bucket.

Ann

Sep 17, 2005, 7:08:15 AM9/17/05
Ed <E...@NorthShoreWx.com> expounded:

>Interesting to catch up on this post two months later and realize that
>there's hardly been any rain since your July plea. Fortunately we are
>getting the tropical rains for the past couple of days, and for some
>Ophelia will add more to the rain bucket.

It rained a bit last week, but the forecast was hot for a few days, so
I didn't reseed my lawn - I will after Ophelia leaves. Hopefully the
autumn rains will be more consistent!

--
Ann, snowlover, south of Boston, Mass.
e-mail address is not checked
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheryl Isaak

Oct 18, 2005, 9:27:54 AM10/18/05
On 9/17/05 7:08 AM, in article h6uni1h9sp03hrur7...@4ax.com,
"Ann" <ann...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Ed <E...@NorthShoreWx.com> expounded:
>
>> Interesting to catch up on this post two months later and realize that
>> there's hardly been any rain since your July plea. Fortunately we are
>> getting the tropical rains for the past couple of days, and for some
>> Ophelia will add more to the rain bucket.
>
> It rained a bit last week, but the forecast was hot for a few days, so
> I didn't reseed my lawn - I will after Ophelia leaves. Hopefully the
> autumn rains will be more consistent!

Come to NH! I have plenty!

Cheryl

Ann

Oct 18, 2005, 6:25:34 PM10/18/05
Cheryl Isaak <chery...@adelphia.net> expounded:

>On 9/17/05 7:08 AM, in article h6uni1h9sp03hrur7...@4ax.com,
>"Ann" <ann...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> Ed <E...@NorthShoreWx.com> expounded:
>>
>>> Interesting to catch up on this post two months later and realize that
>>> there's hardly been any rain since your July plea. Fortunately we are
>>> getting the tropical rains for the past couple of days, and for some
>>> Ophelia will add more to the rain bucket.
>>
>> It rained a bit last week, but the forecast was hot for a few days, so
>> I didn't reseed my lawn - I will after Ophelia leaves. Hopefully the
>> autumn rains will be more consistent!
>

>Come to NH! I have plenty!
>
>Cheryl

Yes, Cheryl, I know......we discussed it in wreck.gardens! <G>

--
Ann, snowlover, south of Boston, Mass.
e-mail address is not checked
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheryl Isaak

Oct 18, 2005, 8:07:18 PM10/18/05
On 10/18/05 6:25 PM, in article shtal15a3e51ijt1d...@4ax.com,
"Ann" <ann...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Cheryl Isaak <chery...@adelphia.net> expounded:
>
>> On 9/17/05 7:08 AM, in article h6uni1h9sp03hrur7...@4ax.com,
>> "Ann" <ann...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ed <E...@NorthShoreWx.com> expounded:

>>> It rained a bit last week, but the forecast was hot for a few days, so
>>> I didn't reseed my lawn - I will after Ophelia leaves. Hopefully the
>>> autumn rains will be more consistent!
>>

>> Come to NH! I have plenty!
>>
>> Cheryl
>
> Yes, Cheryl, I know......we discussed it in wreck.gardens! <G>

Thought that was you! I am still feeling mildewed.
Cheryl