Arguably The Two Saddest Songs Ever To Exist This Century

W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Net

Jan 4, 2021, 10:22:06 PM1/4/21
There is one person, a personal friend of mine, barely if remotely known
to the public, vastly private, of whom is a collaborator of mine, our
song "Freedom" became a focal point to Bruce's "Devils & Dust". Audrey,
is the only living person to move me to an absolute uncontrollable, body
quaking, tear flood flowing reaction due to her song "Been Down This
Road Before" and it took two years after 09/11/01 to actually occur. Not
one single solitary person in any capacity has gotten that reaction out
of me lifetime whatsoever. I'm not exaggerating. Why we will never be a
romantic couple, is largely and privately known to both of us.

Its probably someplace remotely online. I don't have access to it but a
CD hardcopy is in the possession of my mother and cousin.

This song went on to be covered by my childhood idol, singer and drummer
of Queen, solo, Roger Taylor. Prescient, precognitive, sad, somber,
serious, created and recorded in front of a live audience a full two
weeks ahead of September 11, 2001 original of my own, "Prelude To
September 11, 2001 - Leonda (I'm Coming Home)"
https://www.reverbnation.com/williammahler/song/32148638-prelude-to-september-11-2001-leonda

Respectfully,

William Mahler
https://mahlers.net