New Train Service Between Boston And Northern Maine ?

1 view

Bob

Jun 18, 2011, 7:14:41 PM6/18/11
Hello,

What is the name of the train line, or train, that goes from Boston to
Northern Maine ?

I think it's a fairly new service.

Thanks,
Bob

John Levine

Jun 18, 2011, 8:17:26 PM6/18/11
>What is the name of the train line, or train, that goes from Boston to
>Northern Maine ?

The Amtrak Downeaster runs from north station in Boston to Portland ME.

There is no rail passenger service in Maine north of Portland other
than a tourist tran between Brunswick and Rockland. They're
refurbishing the track between Portland and Brunswick, so sometime
next year you'll be able to go from Boston to Brunswick and, I assume,
connect to the tourist train if the schedule permits.

http://www.amtrakdowneaster.com/
http://www.maineeasternrailroad.com/

The train from Montreal to Halifax used to go across northern Maine,
but that was a long time ago. Now it stays in Canada, going via
Quebec and New Brunswick.

R's,
John

John Levine