foliage dates

Jean B.

Aug 20, 2011, 10:03:23 PM8/20/11
Hi (in case anyone ever looks in here),

I have an English friend who is contemplating coming to New
England in large part to view the foliage. Is there any way to
predict a peak in colors--or whether this is going to be a good
year for viewing? I am reluctant to give a fairly specific few
days for this, and some years are far from spectacular. Thanks
for any information you can give me.
--
Jean B.

Morris Keesan

Aug 29, 2011, 7:39:50 AM8/29/11

Columbus Day weekend is the traditional time for northern New England,
when the roads in most of New Hampshire and Vermont turn into something
resembling parking lots, as the leaf-peepers try to personally inspect
each individual leaf. But, as you imply, it's hard to accurately guess
what the foliage conditions will be.
You might try investigating what the Weather Channel says. They try to
predict peak color times for the different areas, although this might
be a little early in the year for them to be doing that.
www.weather.com.
--
Morris Keesan -- mke...@post.harvard.edu

Jean B.

Sep 3, 2011, 10:53:38 PM9/3/11

Thanks, Morris. It's tricky if one is coming afar and not staying
long.

--
Jean B.