Re: Will reporting accident while someone else was driving cause our rates to go up?

Jimmy

Sep 20, 2011, 6:16:54 PM9/20/11
> Will our insurance rates go up if we report an accident that happened when someone
> else was driving the car?

Under the traditional SDIP program, no. SDIP ratings go with the
person who was driving.

However, insurance companies in Massachusetts are now free to set
rates using different schemes. You should find out if Liberty Mutual
uses the traditional SDIP formulas, or something different.

If you have an insurance agent, you could ask them.

Jimmy