More re Pongal, Burlington, Mass.

1 view

Jean B.

May 20, 2008, 4:54:19 PM5/20/08
I was surprised to see the staff has changed, at least for lunch. I was
even more surprised to see quail on the lunch buffet! Now does that
tell you this is not your usual Indian buffet?

I do have to revise some of what I said. They don't have a masala or
makhani dish every day, and I haven't seen a Manchurian dish the last
two times I was there. Not a problem for me, but such things make my
daughter happier to accompany me.

--
Jean B.

A Sherman

May 20, 2008, 10:19:00 PM5/20/08

"Jean B." wrote ...
> I do have to revise some of what I said......

Said where? Oh yes, posted here on 5/13 with the subject
"Excellent Indian Restaurant and Lunch Buffet (Billerica, Mass.)"

Sound like a great candidate for a ne.food lunch gathering.

You can find lots of other reviews with Google.

Al

Dan Logcher

May 20, 2008, 11:13:27 PM5/20/08
A Sherman wrote:

> "Jean B." wrote ...
>
>> I do have to revise some of what I said......
>

> Said where? Oh yes, posted here on 5/13 with the subject
> "Excellent Indian Restaurant and Lunch Buffet (Billerica, Mass.)"
>
> Sound like a great candidate for a ne.food lunch gathering.

Yeah, we haven't had a gathering in a long time.

--
Dan

Uri Guttman

May 21, 2008, 5:47:17 AM5/21/08

DL> A Sherman wrote:
>> "Jean B." wrote ...
>>
>>> I do have to revise some of what I said......
>> Said where? Oh yes, posted here on 5/13 with the subject
>> "Excellent Indian Restaurant and Lunch Buffet (Billerica, Mass.)"
>> Sound like a great candidate for a ne.food lunch gathering.

DL> Yeah, we haven't had a gathering in a long time.

i recall the last gathering was one i set up for southeast asia for
lunch and *I* forgot to show up. :(

be fun to have another. maybe we could get something going on a some
quarterly or random basis? i doubt we could ever do something monthly.

uri

--
Uri Guttman ------ u...@stemsystems.com -------- http://www.sysarch.com --

Cheryl Isaak

May 21, 2008, 5:55:15 AM5/21/08
On 5/21/08 5:47 AM, in article x7bq30a...@mail.sysarch.com, "Uri
Guttman" <u...@stemsystems.com> wrote:

> DL> A Sherman wrote:
>>> "Jean B." wrote ...

>>> Said where? Oh yes, posted here on 5/13 with the subject
>>> "Excellent Indian Restaurant and Lunch Buffet (Billerica, Mass.)"
>>> Sound like a great candidate for a ne.food lunch gathering.
>
> DL> Yeah, we haven't had a gathering in a long time.
>
> i recall the last gathering was one i set up for southeast asia for
> lunch and *I* forgot to show up. :(
>
> be fun to have another. maybe we could get something going on a some
> quarterly or random basis? i doubt we could ever do something monthly.
>
> uri

I'll be in as long as I'm not working that day (usually easy to arrange)

Cheryl

Dan Logcher

May 21, 2008, 8:11:06 AM5/21/08
Uri Guttman wrote:

> DL> A Sherman wrote:
> >> "Jean B." wrote ...

> >> Said where? Oh yes, posted here on 5/13 with the subject
> >> "Excellent Indian Restaurant and Lunch Buffet (Billerica, Mass.)"
> >> Sound like a great candidate for a ne.food lunch gathering.
>
> DL> Yeah, we haven't had a gathering in a long time.
>
> i recall the last gathering was one i set up for southeast asia for
> lunch and *I* forgot to show up. :(

Ah yes.. we had a great time, despite your absents. That was before
the SEA was sold. I've been twice since and its still very good.

> be fun to have another. maybe we could get something going on a some
> quarterly or random basis? i doubt we could ever do something monthly.

Quarterly would work, I think.. with enough notice.

--
Dan

Jean B.

May 21, 2008, 4:38:09 PM5/21/08
Advice: get there by ca 11:45AM. BTW, The Pongal has South Indian
specialties between lunch and dinner (I need to try them!), and the
weekend buffet is extended half an hour until 3PM. I gather the fare is
at least in part different--but then since it usually features different
things, I am not sure what that means.

--
Jean B.

A Sherman

May 21, 2008, 5:46:52 PM5/21/08

"Uri Guttman" writes:

> be fun to have another. maybe we could get something going on a some
> quarterly or random basis? i doubt we could ever do something monthly.

By definition, this group is "random"! ;-)

It is nice to see the activity here suddenly pick up.

Al

Cheryl Isaak

May 21, 2008, 7:46:02 PM5/21/08
On 5/21/08 5:46 PM, in article _N-dnVvmrpHtBanV...@rcn.net, "A
Sherman" <al...@rcn.com> wrote:

Definitely nice to have some posts to read.

My food life is governed by DH's diet.

Cheryl

Dan Logcher

May 21, 2008, 10:48:47 PM5/21/08

We've been way too busy with work and kids to eat out lately.

Although I should mention we went to dinner last Friday at the
Sunset Cafe in Sommervile, just around the corner from Home Depot.
Its a Creole restaurant that seemed to do more take-out than eat
in when we were there.. The food was very good, and plenty of it.
We ordered the dinner for four, since there was three adults and
four kids.

The meal consisted of a house salad with russian and italian dressing
on the side, fried snapper, stewed conch, fried chicken, beans and rice,
white rice, beans with a sauce, and plantains. It was definitely
enough for 4 adults, leftovers were taken home. I think the best items
were the conch and the fish. Decor was pleasant, service was a little
slow and forgetful at first, then recovered and did well for the rest
of the meal.

--
Dan