Dirigo Dynamo 2016

Brian Postlewaite

Jul 4, 2016, 11:00:02 PM7/4/16
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com, jondoyl...@gmail.com, atu...@gmail.com, gci...@yahoo.com, li...@jkassen.org, ale...@gmail.com, david...@sinewavecycles.com, ddsh...@gmail.com, Elton Pope-Lance, jammi...@gmail.com, steven_...@yahoo.com, stev...@gmail.com, jon.r...@gmail.com, pgen...@smma.com, dlou...@gmail.com, kenca...@gmail.com, bosru...@gmail.com, Neal Lerner, Bob Williamson, Dan & Beth McMartin, Charles & Denise Planck, gvo...@gmail.com
Dear NE-Unpaved & those who rode or were interested in the Dunes Dynamo,

I've taken a back seat to the Dynamo this year, leaving it in an unorganized state. In so doing, I totally forgot to let you all know that folks (including myself) were still riding it this year. I unwisely assumed that everyone here was also on the New England Randonneurs email list.

The post below is my latest to the Randonneurs list, with original email and blog post below. I'm pretty pleased that another group (based in FaceBook land) has taken up and organizing a few people for the ride. I've decided to ride with them, but I'm meeting in Union instead of Copley Square. I'll meet up with them on the Northern Strand trail. If you want to join me or the other group, we'd enjoy your company.

As for route, the FB group appears to be leaning towards both the ME and MA coastal variants (roughly outlined in the blog post).

As I hear more from the FB group, I'll cross post to NE-Randonneurs and NE-Unpaved.

Happy Independence Day,
~Brian

The FB group BOSBOS is planning to ride the Dirigo Dynamo on July 16. They are leaving from Copley Sqr, I was planning to meet at Bloc 11 in Union Sq and meet them enroute. They have not decided which route they will take in MA & ME, but I will likely do whatever they do, though I'm partial to giving the ME coastal route a go.

I have not heard back from Amtrak regarding bikes on the train. Has anyone else?

~Brian

On Mar 28, 2016, at 9:23 PM, Brian Postlewaite <pos...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dirigo Dynamo 2016

The camaraderie of the midnight wheels.
Welcoming the close of twilight.
Moonlight reflecting over the ocean.
Midnight libation.
Quietly rolling through shuttered streets.
Stifling yawns along an unpaved path.
Dynamo lights cutting through morning fog.
Sun rising above the beach's distant horizon.
A breakfast for the weary and satisfied.

~Brian

Brian Postlewaite

Jul 11, 2016, 8:52:22 PM7/11/16
to ne-rand...@googlegroups.com, ne-un...@googlegroups.com
Dirigo Dynamo Update:

The route this year is finalized.
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14946476

The FaceBook BOSBOS group is leaving from Copley Sq on Saturday, meeting at 5pm.

I'm going to meet at Bloc 11 in Union Sq at 5pm also. I will be joining their route in Everett along the Northern Strand Trail, we've agreed to meet at the corner of Broadway, near the Speedway. I'll be leaving at 5:30, sharpish. If you are running late, I'm sure you can catch up to us on the Northern Strand Trail.

Please join me if you are planning to go. I'll be monitoring my email & twitter #DirigoDynamo during the ride.

Sadly, Amtrak will not be able to carry our bikes back this year. So, we will be riding on the Concord Coach Lines buses, which leave once per hour with room for 3-4 bikes each.

Hope to see some of you there,

~Brian