Valley Cat North/West Boston

Brian Postlewaite

May 4, 2017, 1:22:15 PM5/4/17
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
image1.JPG

It's a game on a bike: navigation, camping, comaraderie, discovery.
It's something like an alley cat or a brevet,
mostly exploring the countryside
with purpose.

Find as many of the two dozen checkpoints as you desire.
Across MetroWest and NorthShore, over  the June 10-11 weekend.
There is no order to the checkpoints, and few are alike:
Some will require you to jot down key information,
Others will have you find a box and stamp your card,
And you may find a secret adventure.

Three required checkpoints:
the midpoint, arrive at Camp Acton by 8pm Satuday,
the end, 4pm at Aeronaut, Somerville.
and the beginning.

The beginning will be 5-7pm Friday evening, June 9 at Aeronaut.
We will distribute the checkpoint cards.
Bring your maps (Plumb Island to Worcester).
Make a plan.
Get a healthy night's sleep.
Ride from home at dawn.

Ride in a team.
Have someone at home monitor your progress.
Ride with GPS or Find My Friends can help.
There is no support.
There is no bag wagon.
Remember your camping equipment.
Buy food along the way & carry less weight.
Help fellow cyclists.
Follow all applicable laws.
Enjoy happy diversions.

Aaron Pikcilingis

May 18, 2017, 10:28:02 AM5/18/17
to New England, Unpaved
This sounds amazing. I can't make it this time, but I hope to make it in the future!

cemo...@sbcglobal.net

May 18, 2017, 2:10:31 PM5/18/17
to ajp...@gmail.com, New England, Unpaved
Echoing Aarons sentiments.  Have to work on Sunday so not going to be able to do this, but hopefully there will future editions.  Would like to see photos & reports from those that do...

Brian Postlewaite

May 19, 2017, 11:39:27 AM5/19/17
to ne-un...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Valley Cat Camping at Camp Acton requires a permit. I'm submitting a permit this week. I'll add the first ten people to respond to my permit (I need name, address & age).
Alternatively, you can submit your own permit, link:
https://www.actontrails.org/camping-permit/

~Brian