Insurance

jvl...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2022, 10:13:36 PM1/1/22
to New England Randonneurs
Hi All,

tldr; Anyone have a good auto insurance policy that also covers them well if they're riding their bicycle?

I hate asking questions about insurance but I'm thinking about purchasing a car.  Right now I have velosurance that covers my bikes in case I or someone else make a mistake on the road.  It's a little pricey to have both velosurance and a car insurance policy so I'm looking for an automobile policy that will cover me in case of a bicycle crash of my own or someone elses' doing.

Anyone know of such policies or have recommendations?

Best,

Jacob

Pamela Blalock

Jan 2, 2022, 7:49:48 PM1/2/22
to jvl...@gmail.com, New England Randonneurs
On auto policies, Uninsured/underinsured covers you an members of your household in the case of hit and run or underinsured.  I recommend maxing it out. The legally required minimum barely covers a few minutes in an ER. Don’t ask me how I know this.

As far as coverage for the bike itself, check your homeowners or renters insurance.

Pamela Blalock
Conway, MA

http://blayleys.blogspot.com

Si little

Jan 10, 2022, 7:16:54 AM1/10/22
to New England Randonneurs
also, increase your med pay limit.  that payment is w/o determining fault, at least in NH.  the incremental cost is low.  your limits on un/under insured can not exceed your property/personal injury coverages, iirc.