TWO Team Weekends for '22

Jake Kassen

Sep 30, 2021, 7:41:13 PM9/30/21
to NERds
Hey NERds. The 2022 event submissions have not yet been approved by RUSA (so things could change) but I think this is news worth sharing now. NER is planning on having a Spring and Fall team event next year. So start planning!

The Spring events will be held the weekend of May 21st. An ACP Fleche (24h/360km+) & ACP Trace (200km+) will be offered. The finish will be near Boston (exact town TBD). We haven't had a Boston area finish about a decade so we're due and it's been increasingly requested as of late. On Sunday we'll have a celebratory pancake bunch at Emily & My house in Medford. All you can eat! Should be lots of fun and I'm looking forward to it already.

The Fall event will be held the weekend of Sept 24th and feature NER's first RUSA Arrow (same rules as the Fleche), a RUSA Dart (13.5h/200km+) and a RUSA Dart Populare (8h/120km+). The finish is tentatively Brattleboro, VT.

As the riders from this past weekend can attest, a Fall team event might even be preferable to one in the spring. The weather is warmer, more things are open, and for many riders they are at their peak. It's a great way to end the season with friends.

One note about Brattleboro is that rooms go quick so don't wait to book accommodations. Also don't wait to start planning your routes and finding your team. The next 7 months will go by quick, I hope.

Jake