6 Gaps Perm

ยอดดู 131 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

Jan Peter Dembinski

ยังไม่อ่าน,
25 พ.ค. 2564 11:20:0625/5/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
The VT 511 site shows nothing impeding traveling by bike up Lincoln Gap and Vermont has lifted all travel and quarantine restrictions for interstate travel, so this means the 6 Gaps Perm is ridable and I am holding myself to gifting the remaining  New England Randonneurs 6 Gap T-shirts to all successful riders of the perm.   There have been seven finishers so far--so there are a lot more t-shirts (93) for me to give out to the few, the brave, and the NERdy.  :)

Jan Peter Dembinski

ยังไม่อ่าน,
25 พ.ค. 2564 11:23:2525/5/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
Also!  All NE randos are welcome to camp in our back field.  Glad Spring 2021 is here!

Charles Coldwell

ยังไม่อ่าน,
25 พ.ค. 2564 13:30:3025/5/64
ถึง Jan Dembinski, New England Randonneurs
Definitely a bucket list ride. Jan's perm route takes the gaps in the Right Order, accept no permuted substitutes!

Charles M. Coldwell, W1CMC
Belmont, Massachusetts, New England
"Turn on, log in, tune out"

Mike A

ยังไม่อ่าน,
5 ก.ค. 2564 12:25:345/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
Hi Jan,
Am considering this ride, possibly the week of July 19. If your offer to camp is still open I might want to take you up on that and would be grateful!

Also,  any interested NERds please let  me know if you would like to join me on the ride.

Mike

Jan Peter Dembinski

ยังไม่อ่าน,
6 ก.ค. 2564 08:49:296/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
Hope you do so, Mike.  Other NERds most welcome, as well.  The end of that week, July 22-24 (Thr-Sat), works great for us.

Jan

Emily Lafferty

ยังไม่อ่าน,
6 ก.ค. 2564 10:17:336/7/64
ถึง jp...@sover.net, New England Randonneurs
I might be able to join you Mike. Keep me posted what you decide. I think David may be able to make it as well (only that Friday or Saturday though). We’d likely take our tandem in that case.

Thanks!
Emily

Russ Loomis

ยังไม่อ่าน,
6 ก.ค. 2564 11:51:246/7/64
ถึง jp...@sover.net, emily....@gmail.com, New England Randonneurs
Please note if riding this Perm that the Beanville Rd. bridge gone and being rebuild so in Randolph stay on rte 12 south to reconnect to the course. Jan, thank you for this route! Another year, another 6 Gaps.

Russ
The not yet ready for prime time cyclist

Mike A

ยังไม่อ่าน,
6 ก.ค. 2564 12:38:556/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
Noted. Thanks for the local intel!
Mike

Charles Coldwell

ยังไม่อ่าน,
6 ก.ค. 2564 14:12:506/7/64
ถึง Russ Loomis, Jan Dembinski, emily....@gmail.com, New England Randonneurs
That must be the bridge over the Smith Brook, very near the end of the
perm. The detour won't add any distance, and might save a little.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ne-randonneurs/9c07d5cd-d4c3-4dea-acf5-9cfb9e5ab108%40Spark.

Russ Loomis

ยังไม่อ่าน,
6 ก.ค. 2564 14:43:276/7/64
ถึง Charles Coldwell, Jan Dembinski, emily....@gmail.com, New England Randonneurs
Yes, that is the bridge. There were no detour  signs so I rode to the bridge. Staying on 12 might add a mile but certainly shorted then having to turn back and then going back to 12.

Russ
The not yet ready for prime time cyclist

Jan Peter Dembinski

ยังไม่อ่าน,
6 ก.ค. 2564 18:58:336/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs

Agreed, as to staying on Route 12 through and after Randolph.  It will have more traffic and a short, awkward, narrow climb up to the hospital area, which is why I avoided it.  Mileage difference is certainly negligible.

With this talk of a group attempt, I’m getting very interested.  In fact, as I sit typing, I definitely would like to give it a go.  We’ll see how the 400k plays out this weekend!  The campsite is good and we can host up to ten (a bicycling theater group of 13, believe it or not, recently stayed with us).  We can have a small, non-enclosed porta-potty if need be up there and will be as accommodating as can be.

Jan

Si little

ยังไม่อ่าน,
31 ก.ค. 2564 07:19:1831/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
i could not figure how to reply just to Mr. Loomis so pardon this broad post.  what kind of time to do this ride?   i am slow. thank you

Jan Peter Dembinski

ยังไม่อ่าน,
31 ก.ค. 2564 10:25:2631/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs

So far in its short history, randonneur times have ranged from 10:04 to nearly 13 hours.  A very strong set of riders rode it successfully earlier this month and rode in together (no small feat for all involved) in roughly ten and a half hours.  On a mountain bike, one of New England's strongest randonneurs rode it in around 10:15.

I rode it, age 62, last year in the close to 13 hour range.  And I felt totally beat at the top of the Roxbury Gap, the sixth.  This year, for whatever reasons, I was not able to complete the ride, attempting it the same day the 5 other riders succeeded: Chip C., Mike A., David L., Emily L., and Steve L.

I hope that gives you the kind of clarity about this ride you might be looking for.  It's an adventure.  As I write, kudos to John R., who is giving it a go.

Hope you will as well.  I have a stock of shirts to award.

Jan

Jan Peter Dembinski

ยังไม่อ่าน,
31 ก.ค. 2564 10:28:2831/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
Stupidly, I miscounted and forgot Eric. N. as a core member of the 5.  6 now.  And counting!  ;)

Si little

ยังไม่อ่าน,
31 ก.ค. 2564 10:53:0831/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
Where may one park one’s car?  Any formal prior request?  Thank you. At a rising 76 this year or next or not ever!

Mike A

ยังไม่อ่าน,
31 ก.ค. 2564 11:28:5931/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
You can park at the start of the course at the Bethel Recreational Center.

Mike

Jan Peter Dembinski

ยังไม่อ่าน,
31 ก.ค. 2564 22:04:1631/7/64
ถึง New England Randonneurs
Be Advised:
The Rochester Gap will be closed for vehicular traffic beginning Aug. 3 and for up to 3 weeks.  See the July 16, 2021 posting at  https://www.facebook.com/Town-of-Bethel-Vermont-152244938197111/ and the comments for more information.
The Roxbury Gap road will be closed to vehicular traffic 8/16-9/3 according to signage posted by the State of Vermont.  See https://www.facebook.com/RoxburyGapStat.  Information about these closings comes from the towns and is not posted on the Vermont 511 reports.
ตอบทุกคน
ตอบกลับผู้สร้าง
ส่งต่อ
ข้อความใหม่ 0 รายการ