Bike fitter in metro Boston?

Geoff Cisler

May 9, 2022, 9:17:20 PM5/9/22
to New England Randonneurs
I last had a bike fit (at Belmont Wheeleorks) when I had my custom bike made 7 years ago. I’m thinking it might be time to reevaluate again.

Can people recommend some fitters they’ve had good experiences with in the Boston area?

Cheers,
Geoff
------
gci...@gmail.com

Matt Lyons

May 10, 2022, 9:33:20 AM5/10/22
to New England Randonneurs
I had a bike fit a number of years ago at Fitwerx in Peabody and they were great.  I was fairly skeptical that fitting would make such a big difference, but for me it fixed every little nagging issue.  The fitting cost almost as much as the bike I was using but it was worth every penny and made it so the only problem on the bike was my own fitness as opposed to an ache in the knees, backs or wrists.  If I were riding a lot and needed a fit I would definitely add them to the list to consider - at the time I had issues that were appearing about 70 miles into longer rides or so, and after the fitting I never had any of the issues again.

eatbi...@gmail.com

May 10, 2022, 9:37:38 AM5/10/22
to New England Randonneurs
Hey Geoff,
FitWerx has a couple locations, including here in Waitsfield, VT and I too invested in a fitting and it was money well spent. I feared I'd go in and have a millimeter or two shifted here and there and that would be it, but came away with a really different, and much improved positioning.
Cheers,
Dave