Fwd: Join NECCD for an Unconference

Phillip Stern

May 2, 2021, 4:58:47 AM5/2/21
to New England Randonneurs
Hello fellow Randonneurs,
I'm a long-time NER member and have been working with a group of cyclists on diversity issues.
Please read on to learn about NECCD and the upcoming Unconference.
--Phillip Stern

Join the New England Cycling Coalition for Diversity (NECCD) for an UnConference on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in New England Bicycling!
6 p.m., Sunday, May 16, 2021

What is NECCD?
After the death of George Floyd, a group of cyclists decided we needed to actively help make change in the world of bicycling, a sport we love. We have formed a coalition of bicyclists and clubs to address the possibilities for greater diversity, equity and inclusion in the sport. We invite you to come help us explore this issue.

What’s an UnConference?
It’s a relaxed, non-judgmental, respectful, open-ended conversation. There’s no fixed agenda. It’s an opportunity to be together, share questions, ideas, resources, and concerns. Cyclists from around the region will talk about our own experiences with diversity and inclusion, if any, and what we’d like the future to look like. We’ll discuss everything from obstacles to models we might be able to duplicate and topics you bring to the table.

Register Today!
Come for free and without commitment to help us explore how we can achieve this goal. Invite your friends! To Register, click here. We’ll send the Zoom link to participants!

Check out our website at neccd.bike.

“Cycling sits at the intersection of climate justice, transit justice & health justice. It should be free & accessible to everyone.“
--Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley