Boston-area physical therapists/sports med people who know cycling?

Sarah B.

Dec 29, 2021, 6:42:32 PM12/29/21
to New England Randonneurs
Not an NER-specific question, but I pulled something in my hip/lower back last season and it's still bugging me -- I have a place I have gone to in the distant past for the ankle issue, but nothing they've suggested/tried has helped; I'm thinking of getting a second opinion on it.

Any recommendations?  (I'm in Medford, MA, but do co-own a car so am willing to entertain suggestions throughout metro Boston.)

Sarah

Steve Wimberg

Dec 30, 2021, 5:55:26 PM12/30/21
to New England Randonneurs
Hey Sarah,

Not sure if you're looking for PT at this point, but I really love Post PT in Brookline - https://postpt.com/brookline.  The first time I went there, it was for a persistent injury to my foot that I ended up with after my first ultra marathon.  (Side note - my dalliance with running is now over and I'm planning on being back in the saddle with you all in the Spring).  My therapist was a runner herself, and I was really pleased with the treatment.

I went to them for a second time when for back spasms and again was pleased with the treatment and results.

Apart from treatment, I think they also do a good job dealing with the insurance/payment side of things.  Altogether, their office is very well organized.

Hope you start feeling better soon!
Steve

Alexi Hrossakjöt

Dec 30, 2021, 5:55:56 PM12/30/21