NEPARC - Virtual Regional Meeting Feedback

Northeast Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (NEPARC)

Sep 8, 2021, 12:59:14 PM9/8/21
to Northeast Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (NEPARC)

Dear NEPARC members,

We are reaching out to all NEPARC members for feedback on this year's virtual regional meetingIf you attended, we want to know how it went. If you didn't attend, we want to know what barriers existed to you attending. This survey is a continuation of past survey efforts of the PARC Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Team (DEITT), the mission of which is to recruit, support, and retain people with diverse ethnic, racial, religious, socioeconomic, gender, and sexual identities into the PARC network.

An initial step in achieving this mission is to determine the current atmosphere and dynamics among and between participants at our regional PARC meetings. We hope to accomplish this using a post-meeting survey tool sent to all PARC members after they attend a regional meeting. Questions aim to assess experiences of members at meetings but also understand why other members were not able to or did not choose to join. We additionally ask some core demographic questions to better contextualize member responses.

This survey is hosted through the SurveyMonkey platform, is anonymous, takes 5-10 min to complete, and can be found at the following link:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NEPARC2021. Please fill out the survey by September 24th.

We have already collected several years of data on PARC meetings, but this is our first year of virtual regional meetings! We are looking forward to learning how to make virtual or hybrid meetings great experiences for our members, and your feedback is essential for achieving that. We've had constructive comments from members in past years, and the data we've collected thus far have been summarized and are available as an infographic!

Thank you very much for your consideration and for helping us gather information about the 2021 NEPARC meeting atmosphere! Feel free to email Staci Amburgey or Jen Lamb with any questions or comments. We are happy and willing to answer any questions.

Sincerely,
Anat Belasen (DEITT co-chair) and Jen Lamb (DEITT co-chair and survey development co-leader)
Staci Amburgey (survey development co-leader)