Transfer Student

1 view

Michele Kolm

Jun 5, 2024, 9:08:07 AMJun 5
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
How do you all do transfer students after the school year is over?
We had a student transfer 5 days after school was out. I think that we need to show the end of year date in the end status with a 299 exit code then in the 24-25 school year show the 217 transfer out with date even if it is in May (or would I just put  August 1st?)? Registrar and I are going back and forth on what to do here.  Thanks for your help.

Barb Olsufka

Jun 5, 2024, 9:12:34 AMJun 5
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
We keep enrolled in the current year and end-date on August 1 in the new year.
Barb Olsufka
Data Manager/SIS Administrator/Accounts Payable
Aurora Public Schools Superintendent's Office
402-694-6923, opt. 5

Stuhr, Deb

Jun 5, 2024, 9:28:54 AMJun 5
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
We do similar to Barb but usually use the day BEFORE the new school year starts.

Blessings on your day!   =)
~ Deb Stuhr
York High School Counseling Office
1005 Duke Drive
York NE  68467
(402) 362-6655, opt. 2, ext. 226

“No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care” - Theodore Roosevelt

Chris Parry

Jun 5, 2024, 10:09:04 AMJun 5
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
What I do is since it's still before the June 30 state cut off date, I leave him on the enrollments. And then transfer him out on July 1.  I usually don't put the 299 end date status on my students until after all my state reporting is done.  They say putting the 299 on before June 30 shouldn't mess with the reports, but my experience says it does......

chris

On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 8:08 AM 'Michele Kolm' via Nebraska Infinite Campus Users <ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Chris Parry
Twin River Elementary Secretary

Angela McGrew

Jun 5, 2024, 10:28:26 AMJun 5
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com

We normally do not set the summer exits in our district until the staff return for the new school year.  Staff typically return around the last week of July. The SIS Admin then sets the next school year as active.  When staff return, they will address the summer exits by adding the appropriate exit code and enter an end date as of the last student day of that student’s prior year enrollment. It is a process that works for us (since NSSRS days) but may not work for other districts. It truly depends on what process policies your district develops as a best practice.  Also, (and after reading Chris Parry’s email. 😊 )…we also set this as a best practice due to the timing of state reporting.

As for our intra-district summer transfers…we have a different best practice policy to address those.

Angela M

Sr. DBA & SIS Admin

Scottsbluff Public Schools - District Office

amc...@sbps.net

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Scottsbluff Public Schools or the author hereof in any way from its use. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail and destroy it immediately. Thank you.