Chronic Absenteeism

Patricia Feeken

May 23, 2024, 1:58:15 PMMay 23
to Nebraska Infinite Campus Users
We are looking at our attendance policy and the potential of changes some things.  While doing this, we were looking at the chronic absenteeism information in attendance.  How do other schools have their Attendance Aggregation Preferences set up.  This can be found in the New Look under Attendance Office > Attendance Office Settings > Attendance Aggregation Preferences.  I'm wondering what others have selected and possibly why?  For our district, we have had this selected since before I started working here, and I've never bothered changed it.  I'm just wondering if selecting exact would be better.  Thoughts?

Attendance Aggregation Preferences.JPG

Patricia Feeken
Crete Public Schools

Barb Olsufka

May 23, 2024, 2:11:08 PMMay 23
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This is how ours is set as well.
Barb Olsufka
Data Manager/SIS Administrator/Accounts Payable
Aurora Public Schools Superintendent's Office
402-694-6923, opt. 5

Michele Kolm

May 23, 2024, 2:15:36 PMMay 23
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
Our was set before I started here as well but we have this......not sure what is right though.  I would be interested to know more about this.
image.png

Chris Parry

May 23, 2024, 2:51:47 PMMay 23
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah... I would like this subject in our user group!  and is there where we see it on the student's attendance page?  I may need to play around with it in the sand box.

chris

--
Chris Parry
Twin River Elementary Secretary

Patricia Feeken

May 23, 2024, 3:21:24 PMMay 23
to Nebraska Infinite Campus Users
Yes, this is what shows up on the attendance page.  We are going to play around in the Sandbox too.  I was just wondering what others had listed and possibly the reason why, if you/we even know (I didn't).  We are thinking of switching it to exact.  We have discovered our State and Federal results don't match.  This could be why.

Chronic Absenteeism Differences.JPG

Patricia Feeken
Crete Public Schools

Chris Parry

May 23, 2024, 3:56:05 PMMay 23
to ne-infinite-...@googlegroups.com
Ours is NOT exact, but like you I'm thinking it should be.  Never gave it a thought and actually never knew there were preferences for it.  Definitely will want to look into it further.

chris