Fwd: Looking for a viola (16-1/4 to 16-1/2" size)

Ethan Filner

Mar 7, 2015, 12:19:48 AM3/7/15
to ncvsm...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 10:53:39 AM UTC-8, Jana Basili wrote:
Hi there

We are in the market for a nice viola for our high school aged son. He's been studying for 6-1/2 years and has recently experienced a number of surges in his playing ability, along with a slowing of his physical growth (or so we think!), so we'd like to get him a nice instrument to call his own.  At the same time, while his musical ability seems to deserve a much more expensive instrument, we do have a budget ... and were hoping to spend not more than $3000-$4000. Does anyone have a lead on a good instrument for us?   16-1/4" or 16-1/2" seem to be the right size.

We are hoping to find something special for him and are wondering if there might be a good match out there via the NCVS community.

Thanks very much!  Jana

PS, you can reply directly to me at jbba...@gmail.com