Derpy Dog of the Baskervilles

1 view

Max Magee

Nov 21, 2022, 11:22:56 AM11/21/22
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
If you want to own a copy of the Derpy Dog version of Hound (I certainly needed to), here's the link—still only about $15 including shipping for this copy. At that price point, about 100x cheaper than the 1902 edition, it's hard to be too critical.

Really hard to get any details on the quality of the internals, since most reviews are just like "This story is great!"

Some details about this binding:

Publisher's Synopsis

This elegant gift edition presents one of Sherlock Holme's greatest cases, presented with an ornate gold-embossed cover design and gilded page edges.

ABOUT THE SERIES: Arcturus Ornate Classics are beautifully bound editions of iconic literary works across history. These compact, foil-embossed hardbacks are printed using deluxe ivory paper and make the perfect gift.

The typo in the publisher's synopsis (as well as the hound's face!) don't/doesn't make me confident in the publisher's attention to detail (plan vs actual).
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.16.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 10.21.23 AM.png

Max (h/h/h)

Max "Magic Jezail Bullet" Magee

"I was removed from my brigade and attached to the Berkshires, with whom I served at the fatal battle of Maiwand. There I was struck on the shoulder by a Jezail bullet, which shattered the bone and grazed the subclavian artery."
Jez_red_sm.png