Monthly meeting of the Notorious Canary Trainers

Glen Link

Dec 15, 2022, 10:02:21 AM12/15/22
to Notorious Canary Trainers
This month we will be discussing The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet. This story was first published in The Strand Magazine in England in May 1892 and then in the United States in the June 1892 issue of Strand. The story was then included in the book The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, published in October 1892. Since then it has been used for many radio shows, pastiches, movies, and television. It was one of the earliest movies produced as a silent, black & white film in 1912.

As interesting as our discussion about the story will be, we will be discussing other things. A decision should be made about our annual birthday party celebration. Also, members will be discussing Sherlock-related travels. I am especially looking forward to hearing about the exhibition in Minneapolis.

We are meeting at the Fitchburg Public Library this Sunday, December 18 from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. I look forward to seeing many of our members at our discussion and encourage all of you to bring guests.

Hansom Cab
a.k.a. Glen Link

joh...@comicsworthreading.com

Dec 15, 2022, 2:44:38 PM12/15/22
to Glen Link, Notorious Canary Trainers
Do we need virtual connectivity for this meeting? Anyone want to attend online? (Happy to set up if so, just planning.)

Johanna Draper Carlson
joh...@comicsworthreading.com

<image.png>

Bonnie Benson

Dec 15, 2022, 3:21:08 PM12/15/22
to joh...@comicsworthreading.com, Glen Link, Notorious Canary Trainers

jimbr...@aol.com

Dec 16, 2022, 1:21:54 PM12/16/22
to lin...@outlook.com, nct...@googlegroups.com
We'll probably miss Sunday's meeting, but you may count on us for the cake in January.

john

Dec 16, 2022, 4:39:35 PM12/16/22
to nct...@googlegroups.com

I may need to miss this month's meeting as well. It happens.  - John

John Hudson
 aka Calabash (from the mantelpiece, with all the plugs and dottles)

Dec 16, 2022, 5:02:31 PM12/16/22
to joh...@comicsworthreading.com, Glen Link, Notorious Canary Trainers

The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet

https://singlewiresoftware.webex.com/singlewiresoftware/j.php?MTID=mbdc54bf0530db307d71015d6360f5809
Sunday, Dec 18, 2022 2:50 pm | 2 hours 10 minutes | (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Occurs the third Sunday of every month effective 12/18/2022 from 2:50 PM to 5:00 PM, (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Password: <EMAIL MAX IF YOU NEED THIS>
December 18 “The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet” The Strand Magazine, May 1892

Join by video system
Dial 14540...@singlewiresoftware.webex.com
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US Toll

Access code: 145 405 6421

Barry Wein

Dec 18, 2022, 4:01:44 PM12/18/22
to Max Magee, Notorious Canary Trainers
My apologies, but I can’t make it today. Count me in for January though! Thanks for your efforts to secure a location.

Best wishes and a Blue Carbuncle,

Barry