Fwd: A.Word.A.Day--pinna

Max Magee

Oct 10, 2023, 9:34:11 AM10/10/23
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
Today's word looked familiar. When I went to look up the exact quote, I found an odd listing on eBay!

As a medical man, you are aware, Watson, that there is no part of the body which varies so much as the human ear. Each ear is as a rule quite distinctive and differs from all other ones. In last year's Anthropological Journal you will find two short monographs from my pen upon the subject. I had, therefore, examined the ears in the box with the eyes of an expert and had carefully noted their anatomical peculiarities. Imagine my surprise, then, when on looking at Miss Cushing I perceived that her ear corresponded exactly with the female ear which I had just inspected. The matter was entirely beyond coincidence. There was the same shortening of the pinna, the same broad curve of the upper lobe, the same convolution of the inner cartilage. In all essentials it was the same ear.

Max

Oct 10, 2023, 12:04:10 PM10/10/23
to Max Magee, Notorious Canary-Trainers
And I see the eBay offering comes packaged in a cardboard box.

On Oct 10, 2023, at 8:34 AM, Max Magee <maxp...@gmail.com> wrote:

<s-l1200 (1).webp>