Interesting Version of EMPTy

Max Magee

Mar 24, 2023, 6:54:08 PM3/24/23
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
I was trying to answer a question on the Hounds list earlier today when I stumbled across this archival copy of ITV's re-broadcast of the classic Granada episode Empty House, only I noticed a few audio and visual changes.

I don't think they detract too much, but I definitely (as a sighted, hearing person) found it a little comical to hear the narrator describe the mannerisms of Dr. Watson as he was performing them. "Dr. Watson looks up, thoughtfully, and rubs his finger across his moustache."

(I believe these versions are for the hearing and visually-impaired, to help them understand the context and story without having to read.)

Also, today I learned that I've been spelling and—likely pronouncing—Granada incorrectly (which is not the same as the Caribbean nation of Grenada, which was named after the Spanish city, but not spelled after it), when in fact, the company that became ITV is based on the place name of the Spanish city of Granada.

Max