Fwd: Jekyll and Hyde

Max Magee

Oct 17, 2022, 6:31:36 PM10/17/22
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
Possibly of interest to the group, Les Klinger's The New Annotated Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde drops tomorrow. I've been half enjoying/half eye-rolling and arguing with his New Annotated Dracula as I participated in the Dracula Daily this year (the conceit of many of his New Annotated's is that the events actually happened...gee, where have I heard that before?...and so some of the "therefore, it must not have been before 1883 etc." conclusions are a little silly to me). I love that he goes back to original sources and writes out the differences betwixt or among them, and what the changes may mean (again, in universe this is sometimes silly as in "Jonathan Harker may have been trying to spare Lucy embarrassment" etc... but many times I find the comparisons interesting).

And one on J&H: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIn4RHUN0vo (an interesting tidbit from here is that Jekyll was intended to be pronounced "GEE-kill"