Summer of SPODE

1 view

Max Magee

Jul 9, 2024, 8:22:30 AMJul 9
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
Hello all,

In honor of our guests' plans to join us on July 21st, and in celebration of a half year of Sherlockian adventures...

I'd like to invite everyone who can, to join us in an official meeting of Cap'n Basil's Mignonettes at Sardine Madison, Sunday night 7/21 at the conclusion of our Notorious Canary-Trainers story discussion (of the Norwood Builder) in Fitchburg. I'll make a reservation for 5pm.

Please respond RSVP, por favor, to me if you intend to join us (so I can make an appropriately-sized reservation). Ideally, I'll make that this weekend, but feel free to let me know as soon as you have decided.

Schedule is as follows:
3:00 pm-4:30 pm Story Discussion at First United Methodist Church on Lacy Rd, Fitchburg
travel time
5 pm Cocktails, Socializing, and Arrival
6 pm Toasts & Dinner

If anyone would like to give a toast, please bring it with you to the dinner. Ideas for topics:
Do we miss Moriarty?
Ex-president Murillo
Was Oldacre just a Wiseacre?
Don Cornelius strikes again
Writing en route <- I think I'll take this one up

Max
--
Max "Magic Jezail Bullet" Magee (he/him)
Notorious Canary-Trainer of Madison Wisconsin

Max Magee

Jul 9, 2024, 8:25:57 AMJul 9
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
Oops, I meant to include a link to Sardine for those who are unfamiliar:

Max

Max Magee

Jul 15, 2024, 7:16:01 PM (12 days ago) Jul 15
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
I think I had my dates mixed up. I am almost certainly going to miss this Sunday's meeting as I'll be presenting at the Minneapolis conference Sunday morning. The Chicago group will be coming into town next month, for our August meeting on August 18th.

I apologize, but this means we have more time to plan/prepare. Would a lunch BEFORE our August meeting work for folks?

Max
--
Max "Magic Jezail Bullet" Magee (he/him)
Notorious Canary-Trainer of Madison Wisconsin
Torist International of Chicago Illinois
Norwegian Explorer of Minnesota

Robert Sharfman

Jul 15, 2024, 7:34:22 PM (12 days ago) Jul 15
to Max Magee, Notorious Canary-Trainers
See you in Minneapolis.  Yes, lunch is MUCH  better. Old people need to get an early start home.

Max Magee

Jul 15, 2024, 9:37:35 PM (11 days ago) Jul 15
to Robert Sharfman, Rudy Altergott, Notorious Canary-Trainers
I'm sorry for my confusion today, folks. I was discombobulated because of an early deadline for the Minnesota Conference (and I've been under the weather and didn't sleep well last night). Now that I'm AWAKE from my five hour nap, I realize that I had my dates mixed up and that there's no issue.

Real calendar:
Sun 7/21 3pm Notorious Canary-Trainers meeting at Memorial United Church of Christ, 705 Lacy Rd, Fitchburg 3:00 PM (Norwood Builder)
Thurs 7/25-Sun 7/28 Norwegian Explorers Minneapolis Conference

Sun 8/18 3pm Notorious Canary-Trainers meeting at Memorial United Church of Christ, 705 Lacy Rd, Fitchburg (Dancing Men)

In September our meetings return to the Fitchburg Library.

Here's my proposal, feel free to RSVP or not:
Our upcoming Notorious Canary-Trainers meeting for July is this Sunday, the 21st (Norwood Builder). I propose a low-key meetup afterward, if anyone would like to stop and grab a drink at Julio & I (a.k.a. Me & Julio on Fish Hatchery between the library and church meeting places) just to be social.

The Minneapolis conference is Thursday July 25-Sunday, July 28, there is no conflict there. For anyone who is going to the conference—Johanna, I recall you said you are going—we're organizing a group outing after the cocktail party Thursday night (that reception at the Courtyard by Marriott runs from 6:30-9:00pm). We've booked the Library at Volstead's Uptown 711 W Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55408, (beware, there are two very confusingly named bars named Volsteads) from 8:30pm onward. This is the place that has secret entrances and exits, a phone booth, great drinks and service, but is VERY hard to find.
The reservation is under Altamont. ;-)

Then next month, on Sunday August 13th, when the larger Chicago contingent will be joining us, I'll make reservations for our group to have lunch around noon at Sardine.

Max "and he calls himself a chronologist" Magee