Monthly Meeting of The Notorious Canary Trainers

1 view

Glen Link

Mar 17, 2023, 9:59:45 AM3/17/23
to Notorious Canary Trainers
This Sunday our group will be discussing The Adventure of Silver Blaze. This story was first published in The Strand Magazine in December 1892. During the next 2 months, the story was published in the U.S. in Strand and Harper's Weekly. The story quickly became popular and was first made into a film version in 1912. Many movies, television shows, radio shows, and podcasts using the story or elements of the story have been made since its publication.

Although Arthur Conan Doyle was a sportsman when he wrote Silver Blaze, he knew little about horse racing. That is why there are a few mistakes in the story regarding the terminology and customs of the sport. Maybe that is why many consider it a dog story rather than a horse story.

We will be meeting at the Stoughton Public Library on Sunday from 3:00 to 4:30 pm. If someone is wishing to participate virtually, respond to this email and we'll see if it can be arranged.

Hansom Cab
a.k.a Glen Link