Updates for Sunday's Luncheon

Max Magee

Jan 10, 2023, 7:02:25 PM1/10/23
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
Happy Tuesday again!

As our plans firm up for Sunday, I wanted to confirm/announce that we will continue the traditional raffle-style book (and sundry other item/puzzle/pamphlet, etc.) swap at the Luncheon.

Jim and Vicki will be bringing a birthday cake! 🎂

Please reply to me or this email if you'd like us to try to host a virtual attendance option (I'm not sure this worked very well last year, but we can try again)! I'll coordinate timing—so you're not just listening to us chew for an hour—with anyone who wants this option.

Since we'll be missing Glen and his family (and I do mean missing), I imagine our flock will number less than 15. If anyone is bringing large numbers of folks with them, please do let us know in advance, just in case we need to swap rooms when we get there, but I haven't heard any indication that this is the case.

In addition, if anyone would like to volunteer as Master/Mistress/Muggle of Ceremonies (as Glen normally performs this role), you are welcome to volunteer for that role, but otherwise, I can be the fallback plan for that.

Max

Max Magee

Jan 12, 2023, 11:48:49 AM1/12/23
to Notorious Canary-Trainers
As I did receive an RSVP with a yes, asking for a virtual connection, I'll try hosting a Webex, and we'll see how that goes!

A note on password security—I'm continuing to not send out passwords to the general list to prevent bad actors disrupting the proceedings (please email me directly if you need that). At one of the BSI events, an unsecured/generally accessible Zoom was hijacked/zoombombed and although I don't have more details about how/who caused that, it continues to validate that although it's a bit of a hassle, we should continue to secure these meetings.

If you're wondering about dress code: This is your one time a year to dress up with your best Sherlockian/Victorian/cosplay (yes, certainly!) regalia. I hope to see some Inverness capes, a half-dozen or more deerstalkers, and a bunch of generally hoopy froods. I wouldn't worry about formality though, if you want to dress up, do so, but we won't turn anyone away!

All Sherlockians are welcome, however, and as long as there is a single person who would like to attend from afar, I'll continue to attempt to host a virtual meeting, it's not very difficult, just a little tricky to get right.

The Adventure Sherlockian Luncheon

https://singlewiresoftware.webex.com/singlewiresoftware/j.php?MTID=m9eba9fe0480560c8963cc95f3672970d
Sunday, Jan 15, 2023 1:00 pm | 2 hours 30 minutes | (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 2590 828 6301
Password: <SAME AS IT EVER WAS (ask Max if you need it)>
Agenda: January 15, Lunch will be held at noon central time, with a Webex and ceremonies no earlier than 1pm (in previous years, this was closer to 1:30 or 1:45)

Join by video system
Dial 25908...@singlewiresoftware.webex.com
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 US Toll

Access code: 259 082 86301