Monthly Meeting of Notorious Canary Trainers at the Fitchburg Public Library

Glen Link

Nov 16, 2023, 1:15:12 PM11/16/23
to Notorious Canary Trainers
This month we will be discussing The Adventure of the Resident Patient on Sunday, November 19. This was the 23rd published Sherlock Holmes story published. It was originally published in The Strand Magazine and Harper's Weekly both in August of 1893. It was first broadcast on radio in 1931. Numerous radio versions have been broadcast since that time. I could find no movie versions of the story, but I suspect there are some out there somewhere. Granada TV did film a version for television in 1985. I plan on watching it before out meeting. I have read that the Jeremy Brett version is very true to the original story.

Lately we have been discussing how popular stories are by if you remember the story by just hearing the title. I have to admit this is one that I didn't immediately remember. Of course, I felt a little stupid when I realized how quickly I remembered the story. The title really does let you know which story this is.

This month we will again be meeting at the Fitchburg Public Library. Our discussion will start at 3:00 pm and we will probably stop our meeting at 4:30 pm. I hope to see you there.

Hansom Cab