NCqrs wiki ?

Steve B

Dec 30, 2011, 4:41:46 PM12/30/11
to ncqrs-dev
Hello,

One of the most missing "feature" of Ncqrs is a decent documentation.
I know this is very time consuming. But as it's an open source
project, why don't moving/creating the Ncqrs tutorial and reference to
a full community wiki ?

I think the power of an open source project come when the number of
users is enough to self-construct the project... Growing the number of
user can happen only with a good documentation for all steps of
learning and level of user (from newbie to architects).
Today, only a outdated reference page is available. Most of features
of Ncqrs have to be learned the hard way.

I would be glad to contribute to the project this way.

Hth

steve

João Oliveira

Jan 4, 2012, 12:58:18 PM1/4/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Totally agree.
It's very much time consuming trying to understanding the misinformation from the Getting Started page.
That's a turn down for many beginners.

Pieter Joost van de Sande

Jan 7, 2012, 5:56:55 AM1/7/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steve,

I agree with you. We could use Wiki feature on Github? Anyone a better alternative?

PJ

Steve B

Jan 7, 2012, 3:30:37 PM1/7/12
to ncqrs-dev
I could hardly suggest a Wiki engine as the only one I'm using on a
regular basis is a self hosted SharePoint Wiki.

In all cases, the Github's wiki is better than nothing.

Steve

Steve B

Jan 7, 2012, 3:32:39 PM1/7/12
to ncqrs-dev
Moreover, the Github wiki is itself in a git repository... which can
be great for forkers

steve

Gustavo Toledo

Jan 13, 2015, 6:11:24 PM1/13/15
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Did you have any decent documentation of this project available?

Galen Parker

Jan 13, 2015, 8:28:22 PM1/13/15
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
There isnt much documentation and there is no recent documentation.

This project while in use in several production environments (mine included) isn't really maintained any more.

There also has been a maturity in the concept of CQRS and 'CQRS frameworks'... typically the consensus from the gurus is that there is not much of a case for a CQRS framework because the code is typically easy to implement per each project. I don't necessarily share this view but I think you'll struggle to find a current 'end-to-end' CQRS framework... that you can just rely on to do all the plumbing while you skip ahead to writing the business logic.

There are plenty of smaller frameworks for specific functions...like event stores, ddd structures, message buses, http apis, event feeds etc which can be wired together to deliver a 'CQRS' architecture.

Are probably the closest thing to what you need if you go that route.

NCQRS is a very opinionated heavy handed way to do cqrs. Lots of moving parts that often are not needed in most cases. I started with the framework a few years ago to help me understand the cqrs architecture but at this point people were already gravitating away for the reasons above.

If you do wish to commit to this 'framework' (ncqrs) I can possibly offer some direct guidance or do a post about how i'm using it in my project.

Galen

Galen Parker
Chief Technology Officer
Landlord Central Pty Ltd