RE: Possible Bug in Ncqrs.EventBus

T.C. Boring

Oct 4, 2013, 1:19:07 PM10/4/13
to Alex Pollan, ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it was fixed in 7/18.

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Alex Pollan
Sent: 10/4/2013 5:40 AM
To: ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Possible Bug in Ncqrs.EventBus

I repeated these steps and couldn't reproduce the problem.
All was fine in my test.
Someone had fixed the problem?

El miércoles, 15 de mayo de 2013 06:27:07 UTC+2, theBoringCoder escribió:
I think I may have found a bug, but I can't put my finger on the exact cause.  Steps to reproduce:
  • Configure and run the MyNotes sample
    • Add a new note
    • Edit note #1
    • Edit note #1 a second time
    • Edit note #1 a third time
    • Add a new note
  • Stop the MyNotes sample
  • Run these queries
    • SELECT * FROM [MyNotesEventStore].[dbo].[EventSources]
    • SELECT * FROM [MyNotesEventStore].[dbo].[Events]
    • SELECT * FROM [Snapshots]
    • SELECT * FROM [PipelineState]
  • Note that the sequential order of the [PipelineState] table matches the sequential order of what you did when you ran the app, and the sequential order of the [Events] table
  • Run these queries
    • TRUNCATE TABLE [MyNotesReadModel].[dbo].[NoteItemSet]
    • TRUNCATE TABLE [MyNotesReadModel].[dbo].[TotalsPerDayItemSet]
    • TRUNCATE TABLE [MyNotesEventStore].[dbo].[PipelineState]
  • Run the MyNotes sample
    • Notice that when the ApplicationService starts up, it replays the events in the wrong order
    • Do not add any new notes or change the text of any existing notes
  • Stop the MyNotes sample
  • Run these queries
    • SELECT * FROM [MyNotesEventStore].[dbo].[EventSources]
    • SELECT * FROM [MyNotesEventStore].[dbo].[Events]
    • SELECT * FROM [Snapshots]
    • SELECT * FROM [PipelineState]
    • Notice that the order of the entries in [PipelineState] is incorrect
  • Run the MyNotes sample
    • Notice that the ApplicationService reprocesses the Event with a SequentialId of 5--because the last entry in [PipelineState] indicates that the last event processed was the Event with a SequentialId of 4.
I've spent a few hours tracing through the code, and I *think* (remember, I said I couldn't put my finger on the cause) the problem is in either the Pipeline or Demultiplexer.

I'd be much abliged if someone could look at this and figure out what the problem is.

thanks,

Tom
theBoringCoder