http://ncqrs.org/ in DOWN ??

Mark

Aug 29, 2012, 8:10:26 AM8/29/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Please help as we get a blank page when we visit : http://ncqrs.org/ this site.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mark

Wayne Douglas

Aug 29, 2012, 8:12:26 AM8/29/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
ncqrs is dead i believe?

may be wrong but it unfortunately hasn't had much attention recently
--
--------------------

w://

t: 07525424882

--------------------

Galen Parker

Aug 29, 2012, 8:39:46 AM8/29/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Yeah that site has been dead for some time. The framework is still available via github. I've used it in some production projects its stable enough.

Pieter Joost van de Sande

Aug 29, 2012, 4:00:38 PM8/29/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
We where using pretty cheap hosting. It seems the company disappeared after quite some problems with their servers. I'll setup a github page with a wiki for documentation. This will come together with the version 2 release that we are working on. The later will be published within a few months. We are converging some stuff we tried within a few projects.

Wayne Douglas

Aug 29, 2012, 4:03:03 PM8/29/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
This needs to be done ASAP as its a massive shame all that work is assumed to be dead

Sent from my iPhone

Tom Miller

Sep 17, 2012, 7:24:13 AM9/17/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Yes it would be useful if the site or documentation was available. I'm new to NCQRS and have no idea where to start without it..

Thanks,

Tom.

Galen Parker

Sep 17, 2012, 7:29:10 AM9/17/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com

as someone who is using ncqrs and has been for a while.. if I had a new cqrs project I'd consider other libraries that are better supported and larger uptake.  Also Greg young is releasing something today I believe that probably will be worth considering.

Galen

Karell Ste-Marie

Sep 20, 2012, 9:57:21 AM9/20/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Regretfully, I've started using SimpleCQRS myself (my company
actually) simply because it seems that nCQRS suffers from poor
documentation and isn't going forward very much - the fact that the
site has gone down (when you can host a free group of pages on Github
now days) is essentially the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'm monitoring the mailing list just in case something happens since I
think it's an awesome project - but it's clear that the project needs
helps. The fact that merge requests have been collecting dust for 3
months, 11 months, 11 months and 11 months is not making me feel that
the project is very alive.

my 2 cents

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Galen Parker <galen....@gmail.com> wrote:
> as someone who is using ncqrs and has been for a while.. if I had a new cqrs
> project I'd consider other libraries that are better supported and larger
> uptake. Also Greg young is releasing something today I believe that
> probably will be worth considering.
>
> Galen
Karell Ste-Marie
CIO - BrainBank Inc
MCP, MCAD, MCSE, ETC

Chris Gundersen

Nov 27, 2012, 2:27:51 AM11/27/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
I've offered before and will again - I would be happy to provide some web hosting and a GitHub repo if we can resurrect this project. I might just throw in some code while I'm at it... :)

Bruce Onder

Nov 28, 2012, 10:50:31 AM11/28/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
It's a good offer, but to get the project really back on track we need someone to manage the source code and process all of those pull requests that were mentioned above, and get some new releases out as needed.

Doing OSS is often a thankless job and so we might need to give some relief to pjvds and the other pioneers.

Anyone able to do what they have done and has the time to take this over?

Karell Ste-Marie

Nov 28, 2012, 10:54:03 AM11/28/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
I've offered before - my offer still stands

Chris Gundersen

Nov 29, 2012, 8:31:36 AM11/29/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
I'm ready to jump in and at least try - at this point I think any effort would be better than what we currently have. Note I'm not knocking pjvds in any way at all...I really see this project as something that has tremendous potential and just want to help and try to contribute to that effort. I have no problem with jumping head first with Karell and at least trying to barrel forward. This would also need to be done with permission and blessing from pjvds (I'd welcome his contribution as well), but I don't even know how to get in touch with him to ask if he'd like some help and have a few people help carry his burden.

I am a developer and am designing infrastructure around a CQRS framework, and NCQRS is the one I like best so far. This means that in my particular case any interest in improving the product is also somewhat self-serving, which I see as a benefit as well. This, coupled with the fact that I can and am able to contribute (hosting, code, management, coordination, whatever), increase my desire to at least try and help.

Does anybody know how to get in touch with pjvds and see what he thinks? Should we just fork and start going through pull requests?

Greg Young

Nov 29, 2012, 8:41:52 AM11/29/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com

might the efforts be bbetter spent otherwise? what is the opportunity cost?

Bruce Onder

Dec 17, 2012, 2:01:01 PM12/17/12
to ncqr...@googlegroups.com
Yes, efforts might be better spent, but opportunity cost requires knowing where the effort might be spent. :)

Also, Pieter is on Twitter - @pjvds and he always replies to me as promptly as one might expect to get promptness on Twitter. ;)