In search of ham radio speakers

Aurora Toennisson

Feb 25, 2022, 10:38:48 PM2/25/22
to ncnea...@googlegroups.com
Hey NC Nearspace folks,

I am a member of the Orange County Radio Amateurs club, and I organize a group within that club called "Ham Pi" that focuses on the intersection of radio and microcontrollers/single board computers.  Several folks in the group are interested in space stuff and would like to learn more about transmitter/APRS receiver construction for high altitude balloons.

Would anyone be willing to talk about your homebrew LoRa transmitters and other uses of Pi's for HAB?  We meet on the 4th Saturday of the month from 1:30-3:30 pm.

Thanks for your consideration,

Aurora

--
Aurora Toennisson

Paul Lowell

Feb 27, 2022, 6:03:52 PM2/27/22
to NC Near Space Research
Hey Aurora!  I hope you and yours are doing well.

Sure, sign me up.  I can talk about Pi-in-the-Sky and other such spiffy things.

Tim Wiwel

Feb 27, 2022, 9:04:40 PM2/27/22
to ncnea...@googlegroups.com
I'd be game to chat about the around the world project I did with my son 2 yrs ago.  We made 5 laps with an APRS/WSPR setup.  Basically nothing more than standing on the shoulders of giants.  Not much invention, just good copying.

Paul is the LORA expert.   If Paul talks, I will be there.

Tim.  KM4EFW

Aurora Toennisson

Feb 27, 2022, 10:18:09 PM2/27/22
to ncnea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul and Tim!  We'd love it if you could come and both talk about the Pi in the Sky and your circumnavigating APRS/WSPR balloon.  Would any of the following Saturdays work for you from 1:30 to 4:30 pm?

 Apr. 23
May. 28
June 25

--
Aurora Toennisson

Tim Wiwel

Feb 28, 2022, 7:13:39 AM2/28/22
to ncnea...@googlegroups.com
The only date that does not work for me is May 28.  The other two are open.

Tim

Paul Lowell

Mar 1, 2022, 7:37:59 AM3/1/22
to NC Near Space Research
I'm open for these dates.

Aurora Toennisson

Mar 1, 2022, 8:28:57 PM3/1/22
to ncnea...@googlegroups.com
Great!  It sounds like Apr. 23 works, so lets plan on that at 1:30 pm.  I will generate a google calendar invite with the Zoom link.

Thanks so much for being willing to do this!!!

--
Aurora Toennisson