NSL-76 attempt Sunday morning

Paul Lowell

Sep 12, 2019, 8:37:46 AM9/12/19
to NC Near Space Research
I'm prepping for a simple flight Sunday morning 15-Sept.  At this time, it looks like I will fly out of North Raleigh (Shelly Lake?) and it will land to the east (Rolesville?).

This will be a sponsored flight and will use a 915MHz LoRa tracker.

More to come...

Paul Lowell

Sep 14, 2019, 10:18:54 PM9/14/19
to NC Near Space Research
We're gonna try to fly out of Carter Findley (or PNC Arena parking lot) at 0900EDT tomorrow.  Flight path now looks to land around Lizard Lick 2 hours later.
This flight should show up on tracker.habhub.org as KD4BFP.

Paul Lowell

Sep 15, 2019, 8:20:28 PM9/15/19
to NC Near Space Research

vlcsnap-2019-09-15-16h44m26s68.png

It was a nice day for a flight !

Tim Wiwel

Sep 16, 2019, 7:03:25 AM9/16/19
to ncnea...@googlegroups.com
How did the flight go?

Paul Lowell

Sep 16, 2019, 10:00:04 AM9/16/19
to NC Near Space Research
It was a fun flight!

How often have we had a HUGE BOWLING PIN release a payload?  The 915MHz tracker worked pretty well.  Beautiful views from 102,000 feet.  The chase crew was seen by the payload on the way down.  Easy recovery !
I'll start posting stuff to the website tonight...

launch2.jpg

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7:03:25 AM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
How did the flight go?

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 8:37 AM Paul Lowell <pa...@lowell.to> wrote:
I'm prepping for a simple flight Sunday morning 15-Sept.  At this time, it looks like I will fly out of North Raleigh (Shelly Lake?) and it will land to the east (Rolesville?).

This will be a sponsored flight and will use a 915MHz LoRa tracker.

More to come...

Paul Lowell

Sep 17, 2019, 7:54:32 AM9/17/19
to NC Near Space Research