Luxury of flying in the Desert Southwest

Paul Lowell

Jun 6, 2019, 8:30:18 AM6/6/19
to NC Near Space Research

Untitled.jpg

Some of you are familiar with the Earth to Sky Calculus HAB group out west.  They fly a LOT and do cool student projects and radiation studies.  Well they fund their projects by selling things that they've flown  https://www.earthtosky.store/

Pictured here is one of their Father's Day offerings.  Thankfully they land in the middle of nowhere... and they had a cover on the hammer claw.

--
Paul

(and here I am... sanding extra plastic off of my payload to save weight)

Christopher Gorski

Jun 6, 2019, 10:03:24 AM6/6/19
to ncnea...@googlegroups.com
Yikes... I'm /pretty/ sure that runs afoul of the §101.7 rule about three ounces per square inch of the smallest surface... Not that I haven't wondered about hair-splitting over booms and protruding cameras, but dropping a *hammer* from the sky?... No thanks--I've had one too many parachutes fouled...

It *is* a heck of a picture, though...

--me