rubynortheast.com

1 view

Philip Poots

Sep 22, 2011, 4:59:06 PM9/22/11
to ncl.rb
Hi all,

It's been a little quiet on the website front lately. I thought I'd
update you all on the progress that I've made and open things up for
wider participation and contribution.

Repository, Domain Name & Hosting
There is a GitHub user setup, called rubynortheast. There is a
repository called rubynortheast.github.com which allows us to host the
site on GitHub Pages (http://pages.github.com/). This means that it is
now accessible at http://rubynortheast.github.com/

I have pointed rubynortheast.com to the GitHub servers but it's not
showing up because we need a paid account in order to have custom
domains. This raises the question of sponsorship, or we can have a
whip around and if we all put 50p in the pot, we can get the GitHub $7
plan.

rubynortheast.co.uk is setup as a 302 (permanent) redirect to
rubynortheast.com.

Contribution
I have added as many people as I know the GitHub username of in the
Ruby group to the team and you will have read & write access to the
repository. Please let me know (with your GitHub username) if you're
not on the list and I'll add you.

I've put a few notes up in the README with thoughts about how we
should continue. Naturally things can evolve in time.

Philip

Philip Lee

Sep 22, 2011, 5:02:44 PM9/22/11
to ncl...@googlegroups.com
i just did a load of changes...

Philip Poots

Sep 22, 2011, 5:40:05 PM9/22/11
to ncl...@googlegroups.com
actually rubynortheast.com works. I guess we don't need to pay after all.

Also @rubynortheast has become active on Twitter. Follow him for updates.

Luke Brown

Sep 22, 2011, 6:07:45 PM9/22/11
to ncl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Philip, that's excellent work!
Kind regards,
Luke Brown.

John Butler

Sep 23, 2011, 3:18:10 AM9/23/11
to ncl.rb
Good work from the Philip(s)! Im think maybe a rota to provide
updates to this each month to anyone who wants to contribute. So
basically details of the last meeting, maybe some photos, etc and then
details of the next meeting, something to discuss.