Ruby Bootcamps in NE?

1 view

AD

Aug 27, 2011, 9:25:43 AM8/27/11
to ncl.rb
Following on from my initial enquiry about NE Colleges offering Ruby
on Rails courses; I am wondering who on here is aware or provides Ruby
on Rails Bootcamps (say on Saturdays or something) over the next few
weeks?

I am looking to head back to college and would be interested in anyone
from the Ruby on Rails forum who provides paid or unpaid RoR bootcamp
training, or something of that nature that'd be great.

Thanks.

paulc...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2011, 9:55:22 AM8/29/11
to ncl...@googlegroups.com
Many interesting points have been raised. One that's missing is the question of what you want to get out of learning rails, since that could have an effect on your approach. You can then set about learning what you need to know.

But remember, the best advice is "just do it!" You can't break much.

Paul

Ps did anyone mention irc channels? Also a very useful resourse - especially for finding ppl at the same stage as you whom you can bounce ideas off of.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Philip Poots

Aug 30, 2011, 6:37:28 AM8/30/11
to ncl.rb
Amarjit,

Ed, who comes along to the ruby group, has offered a Rails Bootcamp in
the past. It might be an idea to get in touch with him. A link to the
previous course is http://tech.wizebee.com/ruby-on-rails-for-beginners-course
. Contact details are on the site.

Philip

AD

Sep 21, 2011, 3:48:05 PM9/21/11
to ncl.rb
Hello there.

Yes, I'm in conversations with Ed who I'm hoping can help out. I
guess I'm just frustrated with my pace of learning, I have lots of
books, iTunes podcasts, videos (ThinkVitamin), etc.

I'm also interested in knowing how I can keep up to date with the
latest Ruby user group meet-ups, they always seem to happen at the
strangest times/locations or I find out about them at the last minute.

Is there a eventbrite page where you guys book the event or something?

Thanks

John Butler

Sep 23, 2011, 2:58:07 AM9/23/11
to ncl.rb
AD,

The guys have started working on home for the group http://rubynortheast.com/
next meeting is Tuesday, details on that link

Johnny