SaaS class from UC Berkeley in Feb 2012

Philip Poots

Dec 16, 2011, 6:10:20 AM12/16/11
to ncl.rb
Hi all,

You may have noticed that I tweeted recently about a free online
course from the University of California, Berkeley that is starting in
February 2012. The course is about building SaaS applications using
Ruby on Rails with BDD/TDD focus. Since many of us are doing this
anyway, the course might not be applicable to some of the more
experienced Rails developers in the group, but I thought it might be
of real interest to those who are currently learning or wanting to
learn development with Ruby on Rails.

Time permitting, I will probably follow on with the course, as I am
interested in comparing what I do with what they teach, and I am sure
there will be some useful insights and recommendations on the Software
Engineering side.

The site for the course is: http://www.saas-class.org

Regards,

Philip

Luke Brown

Dec 16, 2011, 6:37:11 AM12/16/11
to ncl...@googlegroups.com
Good find Philip! I spotted your tweet and signed up too, for the same reasons as you. Building a SaaS product has been very different from providing bespoke software for individual businesses. I'm looking forward to seeing if our methods differ from what they teach.

Kind regards,
Luke Brown.

http://www.tsdbrown.com/