January Meetup

Lee Irving

Jan 3, 2012, 8:24:35 AM1/3/12
to ncl. rb
Happy New Year everyone

Venue is booked for Tuesday 24th Jan and then the 4th Tuesday of every
month after that. Will work out the dates and post them later.

Anyone have a suitable topic / want to talk. I was thinking maybe we
do some lightning talks this month just to kick thing off. Do you have
a topic you could talk about for 5 mins or even just some code to
share?

regards

Lee

Stephen Lloyd-Hirst

Jan 3, 2012, 1:37:30 PM1/3/12
to ncl...@googlegroups.com

Lightning talks seems a great idea. We do them at Sage, in fact next one on the 20th so hopefully there should be a few talks that can be used in the meetup.

Philip Poots

Jan 9, 2012, 4:20:22 PM1/9/12
to ncl.rb
That would be cool. I'm up for lightening talks / code sharing. Been
getting into Mongoid for MongoDB, and building a scalable activity
feed with Redis too.

Philip

On Jan 3, 6:37 pm, Stephen Lloyd-Hirst <stephen.lloydhi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Lightning talks seems a great idea. We do them at Sage, in fact next one on
> the 20th so hopefully there should be a few talks that can be used in the
> meetup.
Message has been deleted

kai

Jan 18, 2012, 9:35:54 PM1/18/12
to ncl.rb
I wouldn't mind seeing a quick walk-thru of what one normally do when
moving from a development environment to production at the most basic
level.

Also I like to see if anyone has made use of or faced scenarios that
need test
environment.

Regards

Kai

wrote:
> Lightning talks seems a great idea. We do them at Sage, in fact next one on
> the 20th so hopefully there should be a few talks that can be used in the
> meetup.

Stephen Lloyd-Hirst

Jan 24, 2012, 7:29:15 AM1/24/12
to ncl...@googlegroups.com

I've got two talks planned tonight. Anyone else?

Lee Irving

Jan 24, 2012, 9:08:36 AM1/24/12
to ncl...@googlegroups.com
Can do a flash talk on splitting routes files prob only take a minute or two.

Also could do a little on mailsafe if I get 5 mins today.

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Callaghan

Jan 24, 2012, 10:46:12 AM1/24/12
to ncl...@googlegroups.com
I've been mulling over a "what Ruby programmers need to know about
Haskell" talk - anyone interested?

Paul

Jay Snee

Jan 23, 2012, 12:50:22 PM1/23/12
to ncl.rb
Aloha,

I was planning on putting in an appearance - just wanted to check that
it's still on for tomorrow, and that the venue is question is the Post
Office on Pink Lane? Or am I gravely mistaken? Is there anything else
in particular I should know?

Gracias,

Jay

Steve Anderson

Jan 23, 2012, 4:18:06 AM1/23/12
to ncl.rb
If we're doing lightning talks I could to a quick bit about Railties/
Engines - what they are and how to use them etc.

Steve

Steve Anderson

Jan 24, 2012, 8:38:58 AM1/24/12
to ncl.rb
I've got a mini-presentation about railties and engines - is there
normally a laptop available?

On Jan 24, 12:29 pm, Stephen Lloyd-Hirst
<stephen.lloydhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got two talks planned tonight. Anyone else?

Steve Anderson

Jan 24, 2012, 6:04:11 PM1/24/12
to ncl.rb
Hi all,

Following on from my talk tonight, some people mentioned getting RSpec
set up with engines was a bit of a hassle.

I agree, but in the absense of fixing it, I wrote a little guide
explaining in excruciating detail the exact nature of the hassle -
http://whilefalse.net/2012/01/25/testing-rails-engines-rspec/

That should get you up and running with RSpec in engines.

Cheers,
Steve