OS projects?

1 view

Jay Snee

Jan 24, 2012, 4:59:04 PM1/24/12
to ncl.rb
Aloha from the moderation queue,

Cheers for this evening folks, it good to see other people round 'ere
indulging in the dark arts. It was pleasure speaking with those folks
I did, and for the others, well, I'm not too hot on the whole
'speaking to people I don't already know' thing, which makes meeting
new folks a bit of a pain in the arse - so sorry about that. I also
(stupidly in hindsight) wasn't planning on any post-pub action, so
next time I'll not bring the car.

Anyway, moving on and now aware that this mailing list is about to
become inactive, I'm going to be bold and post something, so bare with
me..

I'm up for doing some casual open source work if anyone needs a hand
with anything? I've got a fair, if somewhat patchy, knowledge of Ruby/
Rails and I'd like to work on a project where I can talk in person
with the others working on it once in a while. I'm not fussed what the
project is - Rails/Gem/Rack/Sinatra/Goliath/whatever - and I'm not too
fussed on what I actually do - any actual coding or just writing docs.
Essentially, I just want to sit and sift through someone else's code
and have the ability to query why one path was taken over another. In
return you get an extra pair of hands doing the crap jobs. Feel free
to let me know here or email me directly.

tl;dr If you've got something kicking about want some free labour on
polishing it for an open source release, let me know. Ta.

Cheers!