This Thursday: "CrowdSourcing a Tech Startup"

1 view

Paul Callaghan

Nov 1, 2011, 7:30:26 PM11/1/11
to paulc...@gmail.com
hi all,

Earlier this year, an open request went out for help in building a web
platform for making education more accessible.

The details were necessarily sketchy, but I couldn't resist and I'm glad I did.

Morna Simpson (@girlgeeks), the driving force behind the FlockEdu
project, will be in Newcastle this week and has kindly offered to
share her experiences with us in using crowd-sourcing to get this
project up and running. She will cover a range of issues, including
logistics and legal concerns.

This talk will be on THURSDAY evening, graciously hosted by Orange
Bus. Please sign up on eventbrite at
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2412168862/eorg if interested.

She will also be giving introductions for potential users of the
platform, both providers and consumers. It will cover the motivations
behind this disruptive project and what the project aims to provide.
The first one is scheduled for WEDNESDAY evening at the Old Post
Office, see
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2412168862/eorg and links therein. It
should be an interesting and thought-provoking event for anyone who
cares about learning!

Hope to see some of you there,

Paul

paulcc

Nov 1, 2011, 8:14:25 PM11/1/11
to ncl.rb

Forgot to add: they use rails too. Sound more interesting now?

Paul