TURMEL: South Africa "Abolish Usury" Party 10000 votes

John Turmel

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99

>Date: Wed Jun 9 00:49:10 1999
>From: ev...@exclusivebooks.co.za ("Evan Morris")
>Subject: [lets] Interesting info
>From: "Evan Morris" <ev...@exclusivebooks.co.za>
>I thought I'd post a quick note to the list, I hope no one minds:
>We recently had an election in South Africa, and quite naturally the
>political status quo was pretty much maintained, as is the habit of
>people the world over except at rare, revolutionary times. What is
>interesting is that a new party - pithily called The Abolish Income
>Tax and Usury Party - gained 10 620 national votes. I know it doesn't
>seem like a lot, but it surprised the hell out of me, and is
>encouraging. Of course, one of those votes was my own.
>Thought you might find this interesting.
JCT: Thank you Evan. I do. It's interesting that my Abolitionist
Party of Canada has those same two programs on our party program at
crucial information on our web page and we also got 10,000 votes in
our first outing in 1993.
Any chance on providing us with an email address or web site?

>Date: Wed Jun 9 04:43:33 1999
>From: cou...@globalnet.co.uk (john courtneidge)
>Subject: Re: [lets] Interesting info
>Cc: ev...@exclusivebooks.co.za ("Evan Morris"), econ-lets@
>Dear Friends
>>The Abolish Income Tax and Usury Party gained 10 620 national votes.
>You betcha !!!!!!!!!! xx's, j
JCT: You betcha it's happening all around the world. When I first
started out 20 years ago, the very words "abolish interest" raised
the thought of a physical impossibility in most people's minds. It's
why a reporter once caught Her Majesty the Queen mouthing the words
"Abolish Interest" on one of my picket signs during one of her tours
in the early 1980s. It was an unheard of concept except to a few
Bible and Koran exegetes. Now it barely raises an eyebrow. How things
have changed.
--
John C. "The Engineer" Turmel, Founder, Abolitionist Party of Canada
915-2045 Carling Ave., Ottawa, K2A 1G5, Tel/Fax: 613-728-2196