TURMEL: U.S. West Coast L.E.T.S. Tour

John Turmel

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99

To West Coast LETS Community Currency organizations

My name is John C. Turmel and I'm one of the original L.E.T.S.
banking systems engineers. I'm preparing to visit the West Coast
during the last two weeks of November and the first two weeks of
December to participate in the anti-WTO (World Trade Organization)
demonstrations in Seattle on Dec. 1. My goal is to picket Microsoft to
urge Bill Gates to help set up an online world-wide Email L.E.T.S. To
that end, I've written a poem to Bill Gates titled "World's Richest
Paper's Prayer to the World's Richest Man" and asked him to help
install such an on-line L.E.T.S. system which would immediately offer
all nations a source of interest-free credit with which to trade
locally, nationally and internationally.
Before and after that, I hope to organize a series of
presentations consisting of information on how to optimize your local
currency systems and what the new interest-free world of the next
millennium will look like.
Since I am not rich, as in past tours, I've often stayed with
L.E.T.S. members and paid with promissory notes for equivalent
accommodations in Ottawa Canada. Soon, many L.E.T.S. will exchange
such days of accommodations via an international network. Until then,
those credits can be used by the accommodating members or their
friends.
In over two months of journey in my last two European trips, I
only spent 4 nights in hotels allowing me the funds to party with my
hosts. Reports on my last trip can be read at:
http://www.cyberclass.net/turmel/t99eu.htm
If you think my presentation would be of interest to your group,
please send me the dates of any meetings you have planned or might
wish to plan.
As of now, I expect to arrive in San Francisco around Nov. 20.
I am free for meetings in Northern California, Oregon and
Washington until Seattle Nov 26 to Dec 3.
Then I am free for meetings in Washington, Oregon and California
until Dec. 17 when I will be leaving from San Francisco.

--
John C. "The Engineer" Turmel, Founder, Abolitionist Party of Canada
915-2045 Carling Ave., Ottawa, K2A 1G5, Tel/Fax: 613-728-2196

David Lloyd-Jones

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99

John Turmel <bc...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

> To West Coast LETS Community Currency organizations
>
> My name is John C. Turmel and I'm one of the original L.E.T.S.
> banking systems engineers. I'm preparing to visit the West Coast
> during the last two weeks of November and the first two weeks of
> December to participate in the anti-WTO (World Trade Organization)
> demonstrations in Seattle on Dec. 1.

John,

1.) Why would you cross an unguarded border to make this political protest?
Surely you ought to be *at* the border, protesting the fact that people are
crossing it.

2.) I thought the purpose of LETS was to solve irrationality in monetary
matters, by increasing local trade with local currencies. If that's the
case, how can you possibly be opposed to the WTO, which has the same aim but
on a broader scale?

Cheers,

-dlj.