TURMEL: LETS TOES99 European Tour after US National Conference

John Turmel

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99

JCT: The 1999 US Local Currency Conference took place last
weekend in Chicago. I'll be posting a report soon on some great
breakthroughs that have been made:

LETS POWER AMPLIFIERS
1) Philadelphia Equal Dollars' 112 business and 1000 personal listings
in 6 months;
2) Pictures on the LETS Favours checks; bank don't yet;
3) Favours "discount points" as local currency save tax;
4) Improvement on Toronto Dollars;
5) Smartcard technology is here;

LETS NEWS:
6) Heartwarming Timedollar success stories;
7) Chicago Greens 100% endorsement of LETS
8) 10-page spread in Orion Community Economics magazine
9) 5-page spread in "In Business" magazine
10) 4-page spread in Association for Humanistic Psychology Perspective

Also, I will be posting reports from my upcoming LETS TOES99
European Tour. The itinerary is still flexible and so far is:

(c) are confirmed speaking engagements. Any event that is not
confirmed will be skipped if a speaking invitation opens up.

(c) June 17:06:20-8:40am: London: Breakfast at Heathrow
(c) June 17-19: Cologne Germany: TOES conference
(c) June 20-21: Cologne?
(c) June 22: Mainz Germany
(c) June 23-24: Begijnendijk, Belgium
June 25-26: Paris: Conference Planet
June 27-29: FRANCE, BELGIUM, GERMANY
(c) June 30: Bonn, Germany
(c) July 1: Braunau, Austria
(c) July 2-4: Dordogne, France
(c) July 5: Ste Foy la Grande, France
July 6-11: FRANCE, SPAIN, BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS
July 12: Thiviers, France
(c)July 13-14: Antwerp, Belgium
July 15-16: BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS, GERMANY, AUSTRIA
(c)July 17: Styria, Austria
July 18-19: Viborg, Denmark
July 20-23: Stockholm & Skene, Sweden
July 24-26: Warendorf & Belzig, Germany, Gdansk Poland

There was so much great stuff that came out of Chicago that you
should stay tuned for an upcoming "letsus" listserv where discussions
from the 1999 National Conference will be continued and the 2000
National Conference can be organized. I would bet that the
Philadelphia Equal Dollars LETSystem has broken all growth records in
6 months. I'll bet they'll be the top mark at the end of one year.
It's exciting to see LETS records being set.
And it's most exciting to be first to announce these power
amplifiers to show to the European systems.
God gave me a freebie again. Here I was looking for new
presentation material for Europe and five days before leaving, they're
having a National US LETS conference where I obtain all these
wonderful new visual aids. Props.
But my first and foremost message to European LETS is to follow
the example of Bradford's City Council in obtaining funding for LETS
from the European Council in Brussels. The actual forms they filled
out are at http://www.cyberclass.net/turmel/l980613.htm If Bradford
could get money to hire LETS organizers from them, why not allow LETS
activists to create their own jobs like Tariq Shabeer did in Bradford.
So I think I've got some wonderful new information for European
LETS as well as my standard major upgrades:
1) Paper notes
2) Pensioner's Estate credit
3) Consignment store credit
4) Government funding with LETS interest-free credit.
5) AOL or Microsoft Network provide email LETS accounts
6) Banks provide LETS accounts
7) Merge with Corporate Barter networks in Hours.
Boy, will 99.99% of the world be surprised when LETS hits.
So I'll report when I can. But keep your ring-side seat as all
those baby LETS turn into Big Bruiser LETS whose interest-free
accounts muscle the interest-bearing accounts right off the banks'
computers. Spread the word to tune in to le...@onelist.com for full
reports which will also be periodically posted at my web site.
I'm sorry but I just won't be able to spend much time debating
the theory of LETS tokens with so much financial engineering to report
on.
This should be the breakthrough year. Hopefully, we're in our
last 300 days of debt slavery. Scoring Global LETS 1/s timecurrency by
May Day 2000 would be a great 50th birthday Jubilee for me after a
"Lucky 21" years on the Abolish Interest Rates Project as I start off
this adventure with a brand new Journal #39. I hope victory for Global
LETS will mean it's my last journal to detail the millenia-long
Armageddon War between the Keepers and the Abolitionists of Usury.
Then my new series of journals might be filled with little else
than interesting Poker hands and optimal game theoretic tactics and
strategies. I even seem to have a week free while in Paris near the
Aviation Poker Club and another week free while in Austria near the
Vienna and Salzburg Poker clubs. What a wonderful coincidence.
--
John C. "The Engineer" Turmel, Founder, Abolitionist Party of Canada
915-2045 Carling Ave., Ottawa, K2A 1G5, Tel/Fax: 613-728-2196