Facebook needs to go away

Martin Shipp

Apr 9, 2024, 11:13:47 PMApr 9
to NC Rando
A month ago or so, Facebook messed up and hundreds of thousands of members, maybe millions, could not get into their accounts because Facebook messed up the login procedure and would not recognize correct passwords.  Apparently, one of the victims that day was Tony.

I have not seen a news report of Facebook being messed up today, but since approx 5pm Facebook has been claiming that I'm entering the wrong password.  I tried the previous password, and FB informed that that password had been changed approx 3 years ago.

I tried to change my password and got FB to send a security code to my email.  When I entered that code, I was allowed to change my password.  Then FB informed me that I was being temporarily blocked because I had used the procedure too fast.

Really??

Seems obvious that FB, with all their expensive techie types, cannot keep themselves straight, or perhaps the security on their end is woeful compared to the hackers out there.

Perhaps it is time to just plain stop using FB for communication, etc..

Enjoy the ride,
...Martin