Saturday, July-20 -- Mayo Lake 153k Populiare

Martin Shipp

Jul 15, 2024, 3:41:22 AM (12 days ago) Jul 15
to NC Rando
I will not be able to make this event.  As such:

BrianL, #16755, will host this event
    • He will have all the authority for this ride that I (as RBA) usually have;
    • He will watch the weather the next few days and select the start time;
      • in consultation with the other riders and me;
    • He will collect the hard-copy, wet-ink waivers before the ride start;
    • He will perform the other rider-check in requirements including:
      • confirming everyone wears a helmet;
      • check the bicycle(s) for safety requirements;
      • confirm everyone has appropriate lights and reflective clothing (if the ride start time is before official sunrise).
So if you do this event, help Brian by being cooperative and helping as needed.

Access to the pertinent instructions, "paperwork," and Brian's (disguised) email address is available here

Enjoy the ride,
...Martin

Brian Leu

Jul 17, 2024, 10:23:37 PM (9 days ago) Jul 17
to Martin Shipp, NC Rando
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to see some of you out there this Saturday for what looks like it will be a pleasant and wet day. :)

Looking at the forecast and chatting with other riders who intend to ride, we're planning on a 0700 start time - that said - If you're on the fence about joining and have strong convictions about a different start time please contact me and I'll see if we can adjust accordingly! I'll continue to keep an eye on the weather and will reply back here around noon on Friday with a final confirmation of our start time.

Start time:  0700
Rider check-in:  0630 - 0655
  • Park near along north edge of the parking lot, near the ABC Store,
    • see the RWGPS link below for the start location.
  • The "Subway" has removed their outdoor tables, so:
    • if it is not raining, look for me near the "ABC" store.
    • if it is raining, look for me near the entrance of the "Food Lion".
Event fee:  $5 (exact cash, please -- OR -- you can pay online using this link to Martin's PayPal account (use friends and family option) and unfortunately PayPal insists that actual, legal first names be used on those links, so don't be confused).
  • Waiver link, click here
  • RWGPS link, click here
  • Cue sheet link, click here.
  • To register:  print and sign waiver; copy or photo signed waiver;
    • Email the scan/photo to Martin and Brian by Thursday, July-18,  7 pm.
      • Include your phone # and the name and phone # of your emergency contact.
    • Please bring the physical copy your signed waiver to the start
      • I'll plan to bring a few extra copies of the waiver to the start for those who may not have access to a printer or last minute registrations

Thanks,
Brian

Nicholas Bronson

Jul 17, 2024, 10:51:30 PM (9 days ago) Jul 17
to Brian Leu, Martin Shipp, NC Rando
Thanks Brian for championing this cause! 😀 I’ll see you Saturday!

Nick

David Steelman

Jul 18, 2024, 9:10:28 AM (9 days ago) Jul 18
to Nicholas Bronson, Brian Leu, Martin Shipp, NC Rando
Guys I’ll be in Wilson Creek doing a camping/ gravel summer camp ride ! Brian great start and have a good ride and group !

Brian Leu

Jul 19, 2024, 3:26:00 PM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to David Steelman, Nicholas Bronson, Martin Shipp, NC Rando
Hi Everyone,

Just sending a quick message to confirm a 7:00 AM start tomorrow! I'll be out there at 6:30 (probably eating donuts from Baker's Dozen, probably in the rain) should any of you decide to join: https://maps.app.goo.gl/VBomPrbCmbe39LQ67

Brian